British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 626

Quote: chipolata @ March 11 2011, 9:40 AM GMT

Still smarting over that bitch-slapping I gave you in the Ken Dodd thread, Badge? Oh yeah... Cool

No, though you're clearly still feeling guilty about it. It's ok Chip, you're forgiven! ;)

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier or in the 'news' thread. Looks like something for April 1:

Hang on Dr Who, they are coming with you
A survey has revealed 30 per cent of British adults mistakenly believe time travel is possible and not confined to the realms of fictional films or television.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/hang-on-dr-who-they-are-coming-with-you-20110311-1brbp.html

Quote: zooo @ March 10 2011, 11:59 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

I actually (and I may be the only one) enjoyed that Bionic Woman show.

Nope I liked it. Was annoyed they just stopped it! Angry

Quote: Marc P @ March 12 2011, 10:15 AM GMT

Nope I liked it. Was annoyed they just stopped it! Angry

Wasn't that something to do with it losing momentum because of the writers strike?? So they kind of just gave up on it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a310069/michael-sheen-confirmed-for-doctor-who.html

Frost/Who?

That made me think for a second that Matt Smith had announced he was leaving, and Sheen was taking over.

That's the problem with having really cool guest stars in Doctor Who - it rules them out of actually playing the Doctor in future. Rumours were flying around at one point that John Simm was actually going to replace David Tennant - and while his Master was pretty amazing, I really liked that idea too!

I think a couple of recent assistants have had bit parts in earlier series too. Pond and Jones, iirc.

Which just goes to show that I don't pay any attention to anything.

I'd say it's very unlikely that someone who's been in the modern series will end up playing The Doctor any time soon.

I still think Mark Gatiss would be a good Doctor.
I'm bored of them being young now.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ March 21 2011, 10:11 PM GMT

I think a couple of recent assistants have had bit parts in earlier series too. Pond and Jones, iirc.

Yeah, Karen Gillan was in the Pompeii ep, running around with face paint on.

Sick

That's exactly why they should. Please. Dear God help us all.

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:22 PM GMT

They won't cast an older Doctor now that it's all jokes about looking up Amy Pond's skirt through a glass floor.

It's not all quite that, is it!

I'd say they'd go up to around however old Eccleston was still; course they would.

Quote: zooo @ March 21 2011, 10:23 PM GMT

Sick

That's exactly why they should. Please. Dear God help us all.

Rolling eyes

It was Comic Relief!