British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 60

Yerse, Newsjack returns!

Um. Just listened to last nights. Not quite up to the standard of previous weeks. Sounded like there was a lot of reliance on standby stuff. And I'm not sure whether I can claim a bit of credit for one of the closing lines regarding the clock and the delayed Olympics.

Oh well, see you all back here in the summer. Off to Radio Rejects in the meantime.

Well done, Trabs and Badge. Will listen over the weekend.

Glad it's back, though the pressure is on again! :)

Dan

Hi Dan. Is this all just a cunning disguise and you are really Chris Moyles? I only ask because I heard the clip of him demanding cake when he passed Simon Mayo's previous braodcasting record this morning and I thought the cri de couer for gateaux sounded familiar.

Q&A is live already people.

Newsjack is now packed away like the Blue Peter tortoise until the summer. You know I'll miss it now it's gone. It's been painful, frustrating but it got 3 sketches out of me most weeks (and three credits for the Treason show).

I'm just curious if anyone on here got invited into NJ Towers on a Tuesday as mentioned in the Q&A? Trabs given you were on Pick of the Week last series you're going to be my first port of call - did you?

Quote: StephenM @ March 18 2011, 2:25 PM GMT

Newsjack is now packed away like the Blue Peter tortoise until the summer. You know I'll miss it now it's gone. It's been painful, frustrating but it got 3 sketches out of me most weeks (and three credits for the Treason show).

I'm just curious if anyone on here got invited into NJ Towers on a Tuesday as mentioned in the Q&A? Trabs given you were on Pick of the Week last series you're going to be my first port of call - did you?

Hi, yes I spent this Tuesday at Newsjack Towers working on the show after getting the invite the week before. A lot of fun it was too. In the men's toilets at Newsjack they have the urinal in a cubical. Not sure what is going on there.

Quote: Trabs @ March 18 2011, 2:51 PM GMT

A lot of fun it was too. In the men's toilets at Newsjack they have the urinal in a cubical. Not sure what is going on there.

Alot of shy kidneys among writers (or little penises). :D

In the men's toilets at Newsjack they have the urinal in a cubical. Not sure what is going on there.

Squatting is to be a crime, apparently. :(

(forgot to say) Well done, Trabs! Good luck with any opportunities it brings with it.

I worked in the new-ish Media Centre building at the BBC in White City a few years ago, and they had loads (about 20 clustered together on each floor) of individual unisex toilet cubicles there. Handy if you needed to escape for a nap. :)
I'm pretty sure that you could've set up home in one of them, and nobody would've noticed, so squatting was definitely an option.

Nice and useful webchat again. And that they did it after the series had finished is encouraging.

And well done, Trabs (and Chantoozie). It's nice that they're inviting writers in; shows the stuff you're not getting on is still impressing them.

Dan

Hi, yes I spent this Tuesday at Newsjack Towers working on the show after getting the invite the week before. A lot of fun it was too. In the men's toilets at Newsjack they have the urinal in a cubical. Not sure what is going on there.

Nice one Trabs! Looks like they are grooming you!

I don't mean the Newsjack team are a bunch of paedos, by the way.

My line, for what it's worth, was the "all saints" intro to the NewsFox St Pat's sketch. They lifted it from a St Pat's sketch I sent in which shamelessly used Wogan as a new correspondent in the hope that Lewis's impression would get an outing. It did, but not with my stuff. Having the first line of a sketch gives a moment of amazement and excitement but it didn't last long when I realised they weren't using my sketch. :)

So who's been downloading the podcasts? I missed episodes 4 and 5.

Quote: Badge @ March 18 2011, 8:09 PM GMT

Nice one Trabs! Looks like they are grooming you!

I don't mean the Newsjack team are a bunch of paedos, by the way.

My line, for what it's worth, was the "all saints" intro to the NewsFox St Pat's sketch. They lifted it from a St Pat's sketch I sent in which shamelessly used Wogan as a new correspondent in the hope that Lewis's impression would get an outing. It did, but not with my stuff. Having the first line of a sketch gives a moment of amazement and excitement but it didn't last long when I realised they weren't using my sketch. :)

Haven't listened yet but they did a Wogan impression? I wrote a sketch with one of those too after Lewis said he wanted to show it off at a recording.

Are there no new ideas left!

And good work Trabs on getting the call. That's got to look pretty good on the CV when you drop the e-mail to The Now Show...