British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 345

To change the mood a bit.....

Peter Andre, Erasure and Public image Limited confirmed for this year's Guilfest!

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

But there haven't really been that many nuclear mishaps over the years. Major ones are still very rare.

That's okay then!

Quote: keewik @ March 15 2011, 11:09 PM GMT

But they do so much damage when they do happen. I'd find it horrific to live near one. People are blasé because most don't have it on their doorstep.

No they don't.

Britain had one major disaster at Windscale where it had a meltdown. It ws the 50s it was a serious disaster it was new technology and the weather was against the rescuers.

And yet at a push the most pessimistic critic has identified at most 100 people who might have died prematurely of cancer.

The only serious nuclear disaster in the world was Chernonbyl. And thst was an overworked, undermaintained piece of junk that was run for far too long.

Don't like nuclear power? Then get used to waving goodbye to your computer, your lights, pretty much everything nice in the real world.

Quote: sootyj @ March 17 2011, 9:20 AM GMT

And yet at a push the most pessimistic critic has identified at most 100 people who might have died prematurely of cancer.

Yeah, so, quite a few people died still then?

Well if we're talking about people dying prematurely.

Very few compared to the 1000s who die prematurely from other forms of pollution

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 17 2011, 9:04 AM GMT

That's okay then!

I knew we'd agree on something eventually, Stott.

Quote: sootyj @ March 17 2011, 9:38 AM GMT

Very few compared to the 1000s who die prematurely from other forms of pollution

So the lesson here is, Pollution is bad.

Yup but some pollution is worse than others

Pft Nuclear power is the lesser of many evils. Until the UK government start putting more money intpo green renewable energy I'm MUCH happier having nuclear plants than coal fired ones. A nuclear power plant creating the same amount of power as a coal fired one actually puts 100 times less radiation into the atmosphere. While I wish everyone just had a f**king wind turbine on the top of their house, I know it's not really doable right now.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 17 2011, 11:41 AM GMT

While I wish everyone just had a f**king wind turbine on the top of their house, I know it's not really doable right now.

Yeah, running on your hot air!

Ha, the burn is deep!

Angry

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 17 2011, 11:41 AM GMT

Pft Nuclear power is the lesser of many evils. Until the UK government start putting more money intpo green renewable energy I'm MUCH happier having nuclear plants than coal fired ones. A nuclear power plant creating the same amount of power as a coal fired one actually puts 100 times less radiation into the atmosphere. While I wish everyone just had a f**king wind turbine on the top of their house, I know it's not really doable right now.

This

also wind turbines kill birds and may cause serious mental/phyiscal health issues with that low pitch wine

I still prefer wind turbines. The little ones don't kill that many birds. Certainly a lot less destruction than coal!

Is that Cheryl Cole?

Arf arf.

Wave power is cool though.

Quote: sootyj @ March 17 2011, 11:47 AM GMT

also wind turbines kill birds

Oh no-!