British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 55

Quote: Ishy @ March 15 2011, 12:09 AM GMT

No sketches this week. I've got a few one-liners but in areas that are likely to be flooded with similar gags.

Same here Ishy, I sent in 6 one liners for the first time this series. Good luck one and all :)

Well done Nigel. It takes courage to actually please the send button. Now you can join in the nerve jangling as we wait for the list to be revealed on the website.

Quote: KLRiley @ March 15 2011, 9:21 AM GMT

Quite a few of us couldn't resist it. I'm sure if doesn't make NJ, it will be on the Now Show

I've never quite worked out whether it's a good or bad thing to hear similar lines to my NJ rejects turn up on the Now Show or 10 o'clock live.

Mind you that dilemma is nothing compared to deciding what I want to happen to the nuclear power station as it might make my Japan sketch more relevant.

I blame the level of rejection I've had to endure for the last 5 weeks for my current state of mind.

I've sent in a spoof of William Hague as Austin Powers following his mojo announcement. Probably quite obvious really.

Just sent of my one-liners for this week. Written a selection of corrections and voice messages - managed to write a quick one just now about the Olympic Countdown Clock stopping.

sod you Ian. So have I!

News flash. The damn thing has already stopped!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12749912

quickly rewrites the line as hasn't sent in yet.

Final deadline for this series now passed...does anybody else feel a strange senese of relief that they won't have to be scouring the news for 'laughs' for a while?

Quote: radiat10n @ March 15 2011, 5:04 PM GMT

Final deadline for this series now passed...does anybody else feel a strange senese of relief that they won't have to be scouring the news for 'laughs' for a while?

:) Yes. I'm still not sure topical writing is for me, but then as the NJ people said on their online chat, you nearly always have to write to a brief.

Proved that everything gets read. Nice people giving me a chance to get the correct version in.

Sent off a small selection of oneliners/apps/corrections...didnt have a lot of inspiriation this week but included the Beckhams expecting a girl and alcohol labelling

Quote: StephenM @ March 15 2011, 12:01 PM GMT

I blame the level of rejection I've had to endure for the last 5 weeks for my current state of mind.

Same here :|

Genuinely hoping you guys that have been plugging away week in week out get some good news on Thursday - rejection can be tough, no two ways about it.

Quote: Humberfloob @ March 14 2011, 3:00 PM GMT

Would love to see a recording of the Miles interviews Miles sketch - bet it'd be a blast!

So much so that they had one last series... (Hadron Collider opens portal to alternate universe in which Newsjack is huge and Miles is a superstar)

Quote: Big Jack @ March 15 2011, 8:29 PM GMT

So much so that they had one last series... (Hadron Collider opens portal to alternate universe in which Newsjack is huge and Miles is a superstar)

Laughing out loud Completely missed that! Was probably when I got pi$$ed off by keep getting rejected and gave up on it!

Quote: Big Jack @ March 15 2011, 8:29 PM GMT

What? No!

Here's me thinking I was edgy and ground breaking but instead I'm just derivative.

Quote: StephenM @ March 16 2011, 12:56 AM GMT

What? No!

Here's me thinking I was edgy and ground breaking but instead I'm just derivative.

There is nothing new under the sun.