British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 74

Well done to the writers who made it. I didn't stop up for the results but having read the comments this morning, it sounded like quite an exciting event! Like everyone else who wasn't on the list, it would be great to know why my script didn't make it (apart from the others being obviously better!) how it could be improved and whether it was rejected outright or showed promise. I will try again though. (You can never keep a good woman down - ha, ha) Thank you Simon and Declan for providing the opportunity to do so - and judging by the ammount of entries there are many, many people who would agree.

Win one for the gipper, Griff!

Congratulations to everyone who got through! :) Congraulations, in fact, to all who put pen to paper. This was a fantastic opportunity. It gave me the kickstart to take a couple of characters a friend and I had been doing sketches and hosting gigs with and put them into a story. Thanks so much to Declan and simon who were very supportive and did something unimaginable in reading all of those scripts in just a few weeks. Geek

Quote: richiemoomoo @ March 15 2011, 12:04 AM GMT

Aw thanks folks, this week is mental. I got shortlisted by laughing stock too. Crazy, crazy stuff.

I think the Laughing Stock thing is a long-list, frankly. Certainly if it's 10% of entries (and I say this as one who got through!).

Quote: sean knight @ March 15 2011, 8:15 AM GMT

Congratulations to all those that made it.

I'm going to finish my 'Adventures of Declan and Simon' and submit it as a gift to the lads for their hard work.

Then work on something that's actually funny for next year.

Please do Sean. And with a response as fast and funny as you managed, the break's got to come soon. :D

I point to Gryfindor. Break a leg everyone. Start with Simon And Declan :)

Quote: bushbaby @ March 15 2011, 12:43 AM GMT

well, I just threw the other two eps I wrote in the bin.
I see there's about 24 men writers to 8 women, interesting

Weren't you in a 'never give up' mood a day or two back?

Save them, rework them. Etc.

You can bin things metaphorically but never throw anything away.

Quote: Antrax @ March 15 2011, 9:21 AM GMT

Weren't you in a 'never give up' mood a day or two back?

Yeah, but an expected punch to the ribs, is still a punch to the ribs.

Dan

Congrats to all the winners, commiserations to all the losers.

Any of these by previous entrants? I'm curious cos there's a few I liked where I'd be interested in seeing more by the same people... and a few I couldn't stand where I've no desire to be burnt again.

Hit the Jaffa cakes yet Dan?

Feeling Rejected? Don't throw that hilarious script into the bin! Recycle it and your pride by sending it to Humorous-Free-Scripts.com - where it will be made available for schools, colleges, small amateur theatres etc to use. It might also be included in one of the script ebooks currently planned . . .

Quote: swerytd @ March 15 2011, 9:25 AM GMT

Yeah, but an expected punch to the ribs, is still a punch to the ribs. Dan

I hope you're not suggesting antrax deserves a punch in the ribs? Although... Whistling nnocently

Quote: Marc P @ March 15 2011, 9:23 AM GMT

You can bin things metaphorically but never throw anything away.

Rubbish!

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2011, 9:31 AM GMT

I hope you're not suggesting antrax deserves a punch in the ribs? Although... Whistling nnocently

Rubbish!

I see what you did there! :D

Quote: KLRiley @ March 15 2011, 9:25 AM GMT

Hit the Jaffa cakes yet Dan?

That's the only thing that's made me laugh in the last 10 hours.

Dan