British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 53

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 13 2011, 2:42 PM GMT

I wasn't saying anything. I was banging my head. As a non-performing writer, I am biased, but writing is quite a lonely, thoughtful activity, performing is a social, outgoing activity. They shouldn't really mix.

I like snails and oysters

Sorry to derail the fun Spartacus times, but does anyone know if Newsjack will allow a joke based around an organisation whose acronym is COCC? Obviously, on the radio this is pronounced as you would imagine.

Sorry to hassle you all, few pre Monday 12 noon jitters!

Quote: HooHaa @ March 14 2011, 9:19 AM GMT

Sorry to derail the fun Spartacus times, but does anyone know if Newsjack will allow a joke based around an organisation whose acronym is COCC? Obviously, on the radio this is pronounced as you would imagine.

Well they had a fanny last week so...

If it's essential to the joke, they'll use it. That's what they said (or maybe only implied or inferred) in the webchat.

Dan

Good luck all. If my self-referential stuff doesn't get in this time there's always next week.

Cheers Swartid and Shantonbelle. Good luck to all.

Can anyone tell me the latest series has now finished?

Ok -- the latest series has now finished.

(It hasn't, btw. One hour to get sketches in for Thursday's show.)

Dan

And Tuesday 5pm for oneliners or other quickies.

Only sent in one sketch this week, based upon the minor story of Princess Anne being surprised by a fox at Twickenham.

Couldn't bring myself to write yet another 'Nick Clegg sold out' sketch, even given the Lib Dem conference and the virtually perfect 'I haven't been kidnapped by David Cameron' bit he said.

I suppose writing successful sketches requires using popular topics, but I must have submitted three or four of the damn things over the last few weeks (even if they mostly haven't made it in) and am starting to feel like I've insulted the guy enough.

Couldn't find much in the news this week to be 'funny' about, but got a couple of sketches in. Sadly I've only just worked out how to get the Nick Clegg sketch I'd thought of (but not written) to work....oh well, I'm sure it will still be relevant next series...

Honestly Clegg is past satire. I can't think of funnier things to make him say than he says himself.

Small rant time. The phones have been silent all morning. I have been wrestling with Baldrick being interviewed by Miles (as I suppose will thousands of others) and at 2 minutes to twelve both of the damn phones go off. Typical. Sent in what I had but the punchline evaporated. I need a writing partner who's funny.

It'll be a weird show this week when the biggest story is the earthquake in Japan yet I can't imagine anyone would be foolhardy enough to submit jokes on the subject.

Wondering if anybody sent in a sketch by doing a minute's silence for Japan.
No dialogue to worry about.

Whistling nnocently