British Comedy Guide

London Comedy Writers' Festival 2011 Page 3

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 10 2011, 4:12 PM GMT

That's a totally false claim. Sleeping with the organiser will get you in for £98.99. Apparently.

Sleep with me and I'll buy you a ticket.

Some exciting new additions to the Speakers lineup, most notably Stephen Mangan!

Quote: Griff @ March 11 2011, 10:44 AM GMT

Is there anyone who can't offer a £25 discount on this? I can offer one and I'm not even going.

That's why I went for the £50 discount, no sense being the same as everyone else.

I wasn't gonna go in for it, but then I thought, "Why not?" Story of my life, really... I still can't believe I lost my door handles in that poker tournament.

PONZI SCHEME!

The deadline for the twitter competition is 5pm today, wonder when they announce the winners/inform them that they've won?

That reminds me, I might try that one page comp too.

Failing that I should actually BUY a ticket Laughing out loud

Hello. I've removed a couple of the discount codes above - sorry to be ruthless people, but we really need BCG members to use the BCG code ('BCGuide')... https://www.comedy.co.uk/make_it/comedy_writing_festival/

We have to fund this website some how you see, and so using our code will help us continue to offer the forums and everything else we do for free (you will not believe how much it costs to keep all this running), as their advertising is linked to how many BCG members go. We've never asked for money or donations from you, but if you are booking, using our code rather than someone else's code will certainly help us!

But, also, if you book before the 21st March and use the code 'BCGuide' you'll be entered into a draw to win a second ticket for a friend. i.e. pay for one ticket, get two. So another bonus reason to use our code.

Anyway, as mentioned above, Stephen Mangan has now been confirmed as a speaker so this is turning into something un-missable. And I'm not just saying that because they're advertising by the way - as mentioned at the start of this thread, before promoting the event I met up to confirm it would be good value and useful to BCG members.

Quote: Mark @ March 11 2011, 1:36 PM GMT

Hello. I've removed a couple of the discount codes above - sorry to be ruthless people, but we really need BCG members to use the BCG code ('BCGuide')... https://www.comedy.co.uk/make_it/comedy_writing_festival/

We have to fund this website some how you see, and so using our code will help us continue to offer the forums and everything else we do for free (you will not believe how much it costs to keep all this running), as their advertising is linked to how many BCG members go. We've never asked for money or donations from you, but if you are booking, using our code rather than someone else's code will certainly help us!

I hadn't really thought about that before I posted. Sorry, Mark.

Quote: Marooned @ March 11 2011, 2:22 PM GMT

I hadn't really thought about that before I posted. Sorry, Mark.

No worries Marooned, and thanks for understanding.

By the way people, if you buy your ticket kind of right now you can go to some Tuesday-night courses for free.

Tuesday March 15th: 'Writing Comedy for the Web', with the Misery Bear team.

Tuesday, March 22nd: 'Secrets Of Comedy Writing' with Red Dwarf co-creator Rob Grant.

Tuesday, March 29th: a Topical Sketch Workshop with Rory Bremner writer Paul Bassett Davies.

7pm to 10pm at MetFilm at Ealing Studios. To book yourself onto any or all of the above, just purchase your ticket to the festival and then email admin@londonswf.com to reserve your free seat (you must have bought your ticket first). There's only 60 spaces available on these free courses, so I suggest you'll need to email them in the next couple of days if you want to attend. Rob Grant's one is already getting packed.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/make_it/comedy_writing_festival/

Quote: Mark @ March 11 2011, 1:36 PM GMT

But, also, if you book before the 21st March and use the code 'BCGuide' you'll be entered into a draw to win a second ticket for a friend. i.e. pay for one ticket, get two. So another bonus reason to use our code.

Anyway, as mentioned above, Stephen Mangan has now been confirmed as a speaker so this is turning into something un-missable. And I'm not just saying that because they're advertising by the way - as mentioned at the start of this thread, before promoting the event I met up to confirm it would be good value and useful to BCG members.

Fair enough, my apologies.

Okay, I'm going too.

Dan

I would go, if I wasn't being made redundant at the end of the month.

*shakes fist at the sky*

Damn you public sector finance cuts!

I'm very tempted to buy a ticket for this. With the discount it's £124 plus I guess you'd need to book a hotel room for the Saturday night.

Def.

If you are still unsure, here is a Q&A with BCGer Andrea Mann. Pretty much why you should go: http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com/blog/2011/03/comedy-is-a-manns-world-qa-with-andrea-mann/

Possibly a question that can't be answered... How likely is it that there will still be tickets on 25th March? 'tis when I'm paid.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 14 2011, 10:04 AM GMT

If you are still unsure, here is a Q&A with BCGer Andrea Mann. Pretty much why you should go: http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com/blog/2011/03/comedy-is-a-manns-world-qa-with-andrea-mann/

Nice interview, gives hope to all us uncommissioned types, I'll forward that on to a few people later (or share it on twitter, which would probably be better).