British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,526

Quote: sootyj @ March 13 2011, 3:38 PM GMT

Your breakfast?

Or was it the evening meal?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bored ..............................
waiting far a laptop to update all it's Vista patches from a clean install.

It's been 3 hours so far and it is all going to be wasted, because the only reason I'm doing it is because the upgrade to Win7 will not run unless Vista is up to SP1. And the only reason for installing a clean Vista was because that was the only way to get the manufacturers software in.

I wish Microsoft's updates were as quick and painless as Apple's. I did a clean install of OS X on my son's PC last week and it took about 45 minutes from start to finish.

Quote: DaButt @ March 13 2011, 6:24 PM GMT

I wish Microsoft's updates were as quick and painless as Apple's. I did a clean install of OS X on my son's PC last week and it took about 45 minutes from start to finish.

The time mainly depends on how new is the version you start from and so how many updates have been made to that released version. For this Vista it is 85 updates, some 225 Megabytes downloaded.

The clean install itself of Vista or Win 7 is quite quick.

It takes forever for Windows updates to catch up. Download, reboot, download, reboot.

OS X updates come in one big download. I've installed every version of Windows and OS X and OS X is much quicker and easier.

Festival gig for September now confirmed :)

Quote: Leevil @ March 13 2011, 5:34 PM GMT

You're easily puzzled, soots.

Nah you're puzzling, how good and old is the shaver your repairing?

Haven't been here in forever. Hope everyone is okay.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ March 13 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

Howdy Andrea luv! you alright?

Hello :D

Hi, Andrea! Wave

Yay Andie... Long time no see.

How are all the kids?

Any more weird neighbour doings.

Howdy. Is spring rearing its head up there yet?

Hi everyone!! Still no clear signs of spring here. It will warm up a little for a day or two and then we get 6 inches of snow.

Life is chugging along here. The kiddos are doing great. I've been writing like a maniac and am waiting for responses on many things I've submitted.

As far as the neighbours go, lots of great material for me to work with. We have a new family that just moved in two doors down and they are hillbillies right out of Central Casting. It's like I've come face to face with the hillbillies on the Simpsons.

Other than that, not much new to report. I'm hoping we'll be moving this summer and am in packing mode. Just waiting for the right place to come along. Thanks for all the greetings. I miss you all.

Quote: sootyj @ March 13 2011, 8:56 PM GMT

Nah you're puzzling, how good and old is the shaver your repairing?

Probably not worth buying new accessories for it. It was only a £30 one I think? But it's done me well, that is until I lost all the bits.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ March 14 2011, 1:23 AM GMT

Hi everyone!! Still no clear signs of spring here. It will warm up a little for a day or two and then we get 6 inches of snow.

Life is chugging along here. The kiddos are doing great. I've been writing like a maniac and am waiting for responses on many things I've submitted.

As far as the neighbours go, lots of great material for me to work with. We have a new family that just moved in two doors down and they are hillbillies right out of Central Casting. It's like I've come face to face with the hillbillies on the Simpsons.

Other than that, not much new to report. I'm hoping we'll be moving this summer and am in packing mode. Just waiting for the right place to come along. Thanks for all the greetings. I miss you all.

Hiya Andie!

Good luck on the move if we don't see you for a while.

HugANDIE!