British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 48

Quote: Declan @ March 11 2011, 8:03 PM GMT

Just out of interest, we've had at least four sitcoms with the same title, anyone want to hazard a guess what it is?

Something like "The Unemployables".

Peep Showesque?

Quote: Penge @ March 11 2011, 8:51 AM GMT

In my defence, Declan didn't say there was anything WRONG with post-apocalyptic zombie sitcoms, just that two of them had been received. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Sorry Penge, didn't mean to cast aspersions on anyone's script (except my own, of course), and as you so rightly pointed out Declan didn't exactly say that it was wrong. Open mouth, put in foot!

:$ :$

Quote: scubanut @ March 11 2011, 8:28 PM GMT

Sorry Penge, didn't mean to cast aspersions on anyone's script (except my own, of course), and as you so rightly pointed out Declan didn't exactly say that it was wrong. Open mouth, put in foot!

Oh come now, no need for apologies. We're all one big happy forum family here.

Until Monday, when all sorts of chaos will break out.

Quote: Penge @ March 11 2011, 8:17 PM GMT

Something like "The Unemployables".

Yeah, or "Unemployment". Definitely recession/unemployment related scripts with the same name methinks.

Wheelz?
The Breadline?
The Unbearable Lightness of Beans?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 11 2011, 9:41 PM GMT

The Unbearable Lightness of Beans?

Please write this. Immediately.

Flat Mates

FLAT MATES, lol how original um.. wasn't that done in the form of Friends?

I'd punch myself for naming it that

Quote: Declan @ March 11 2011, 9:49 PM GMT

Flat Mates

Such creativity!

Well my title was very creative, it was a double entendre.

But I'm not sure Dec chose it, I'll have to wait and see.

It might actually be about some flat people who just happen to be friends. For instance, Stanley and and Mr P. Ancake.

Or about the hilarious adventures of some deflated condoms.

Dan

Is it just me or are titles the hardest thing to come up with?

I was happy with my submitted script, as a first attempt, but I admit the title wasn't up to much, it was more a case of "that will do" to meet the deadline in time.
If anything I wrote got chosen for development, that would be the first thing I'd "develop"!
Admittedly it was slightly more creative than "Flat Mates" but it does sound a bit like something from the 1980s.

But then I sometimes have ideas for brilliant titles that probably would never lead to a scenario.

Having said that, I'm not saying what it is, in case I do get shortlisted and one of you says ""Bloody hell, that's a brilliant play on words, well done Posie!" ;) Plus I don't like tempting fate. I firmly believe the reason I have never won the lottery is because I've already spent the money in my head....!

Quote: wackawee @ March 11 2011, 10:04 PM GMT

It might actually be about some flat people who just happen to be friends. For instance, Stanley and and Mr P. Ancake.

Flat Stanley! Now that was a story! Wonder if it was true?

Am now thinking of an idea for some flat-pack friends that you buy as a kit in IKEA and make up - perfect for people with no actual human friends.......or people like me who have time to think of these things....

Who knows? But any story in which the resolution involves one child blowing up another with a bicycle pump is genius in my view.