British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 625

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 10 2011, 10:14 PM GMT

I did like the way they strecthed out the final Tenant specials.
Took me a while to get over them all

What? That was so unnecessary! Annoyed the frack out of me! He could have died in that chamber, it would have made total sense and not been quite so ridiculous!

I meant that the specials were so bad I needed time to recover after each one.

The Mars one was Ok

Oh, specials. Sorry, obviously I stop reading things properly past 11...thought you meant the way they stretched out the end of the final episode.

Yeah the last one was a bit of a dissapointment to say the least, but with some fantastic bits towards the end.

Because despite having a good body she couldn't f**king act?

Laughing out loud

I actually (and I may be the only one) enjoyed that Bionic Woman show.

Oh, I can't remember that. Maybe I blocked it out.
I know I liked it in a 'so bad it's good' way. Kind of like Primeval.

It's Doctor Who thread catch-up time again, but it seems to be the same old story; Matthew Stott likes it, whatever; zooo will still watch but doesn't get the DTs any more; Chip thinks something is worth saying just in case anyone's forgotten he's there; and Griff probably hates it but will watch it anyway. Then Badge will talk in the second person and say:

The last series was ultimately really, really disappointing because it had what promised to be the best writer in charge, but he didn't deliver a thrilling, coherent series. Maybe a 7/6 split will suit him better. It's all the more disappointing because the groundwork had been laid for excellence - casting Matt Smith as the best Doctor ever, IMO (this isn't even in dispute any more in my mind - despite the abomination of the Christmas episode), and the character of Amy as well - though the latter was let down by having Rory pop up from the dead. How much better would it have been for a mentally wounded companion to be with the Doc?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Wow. This thread started in 2006. And has Jake How on page 2!
How very epic.

Quote: zooo @ March 11 2011, 12:42 AM GMT

Wow. This thread started in 2006. And has Jake How on page 2!
How very epic.

I was quite gushing on page 1 as well.

ian_w posted loads then too. I MISS THE OLD DAYS.

A Jason Kindred banned on page 1, sounds like a right knob. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Badge @ March 11 2011, 12:35 AM GMT

Matthew Stott likes it, whatever;

Lovey

Quote: Griff @ March 10 2011, 11:55 PM GMT

I'm still impressed how they managed to have one with Michelle Ryan running round in a leather catsuit and it was still boring.

That was so boring. It's like they thought the location was enough.

Quote: Badge @ March 11 2011, 12:35 AM GMT

Chip thinks something is worth saying just in case anyone's forgotten he's there

Still smarting over that bitch-slapping I gave you in the Ken Dodd thread, Badge? Oh yeah... Cool

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 11 2011, 8:56 AM GMT

That was so boring. It's like they thought the location was enough.

Bad mouthing Who?! Incredible!