British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 49

Quote: Big Jack @ March 8 2011, 7:23 PM GMT

No automated email.

Am I black balled or have they Blenked me?

Superb. I wonder how long that will take to make it into the OED:
Blenk: pronounced 'blank' with a vague Afrikaans accent. Verb: To ignore - in particular reference to on-line open door email submissions.

Quote: Big Jack @ March 8 2011, 7:23 PM GMT

or have they Blenked me?

As Jim Reeves once sang:

Welcome to my world...

:) ;) ;)

Quote: clueless @ March 8 2011, 9:19 PM GMT

Blenk: pronounced 'blank' with a vague Afrikaans accent. Verb: To ignore - in particular reference to on-line open door email submissions.

Nice to know if I'm run over by the No.33 tomorrow my life will not have been in vain.

Blenkinsop. We are brothers this week. Bloody Robot who does it think it is?

Mind due, thinking about it, to be fair, I didn't actually have time to write or send anything in this week.

Bugger!

Quote: Batleywriter @ March 8 2011, 11:04 PM GMT

Blenkinsop.

or send anything in this week.

Moi aussi. Too busy with other stuff. I'll see if I have time to get blenked for the last of the series.

Ha-ha robot! How does it feel? Eh? Eh?

Shame it's too late for a Matt Baker sketch. Hope that the team can shoehorn something in for tonight.

Hey if that fanny joke was about Libya it was performed! Never sure what makes the cut etc but there was a sketch about Banrsley, and stuff after the credits about John prescott shipping forecast too

Quote: Griff @ March 10 2011, 10:01 AM GMT

Ooh I sent in a John Prescott shipping forecast post-credits gag!

*crosses fingers*

Hope it's yours Griff

Any other snippets Aldrin? Please.

Best of luck Griff, hope it's your one, he'd been given the forecast job full time and it was a fantastic delivery by Lewis. Not sure they recorded another post credits gag anyway so fingers crossed. re other stuff my brain's struggling but there was some useless arab terrorists basing tactics on live at apollo routines and welsh freedom fighters interrupting a routine.

I dunno, maybe script editor could have inserted the line about him getting job full time?

It's great having an open door sketch show and all, but...thank f**king Christ this is the last week.

Quote: chipolata @ March 10 2011, 1:19 PM GMT

It's great having an open door sketch show and all, but...thank f**king Christ this is the last week.

Who is going to tell him...?

I think he's trying to trick us into not submitting...

Blimmin' 'eck, I got something in! :O

T'will only be a one-liner of some description (given that's all I sent this week) but chuffed nonetheless...

Got the email for tonight's episode. Woohoo!

<tries to hide Laughing Stock disappointment>

Dan