British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 48

Yeh, you're right, good advice, cheers.
Good to see I'm not the only night person. :)

There will be at least one Star Trek sketch for them to look at. Sorry. I tried so hard to resist the urge but it was just too much.

Quote: Humberfloob @ March 7 2011, 8:24 PM GMT

'Bank Holidays are like erections . . .'

When you finally get one, you always wish you were doing something better with it.

There's been some good news stories this last 24 hours that lend themselves to sketches. Unfortunately I suspect by the time next deadline rolls around they'll have been forgotten

Bank Holidays are like erections...

It all seems to be going well and then something unexpectedly blows up in your face.

Dan

Decided there was too much news to keep reading the websites and submitted early rather than the usual panic at 4.59 to see whether the email will send. I might even be brave enough to post some of these heroic failures later in the week. Teary

Sent a few things off, as usual I currently think they're all at least pretty funny, but will change my mind when I go to post them in the rejects thread in a few days time...(and therefore NOT post them in the rejects thread...ah well!)

Quote: radiat10n @ March 8 2011, 4:15 PM GMT

Sent a few things off, as usual I currently think they're all at least pretty funny, but will change my mind when I go to post them in the rejects thread in a few days time...(and therefore NOT post them in the rejects thread...ah well!)

Tell you what. I won't post if you won't and then we can both grow bitter and twisted.

Quote: KLRiley @ March 8 2011, 4:26 PM GMT

Tell you what. I won't post if you won't and then we can both grow bitter and twisted.

Done! ;)

Had other fish frying this week so sent nowt.

On the upside I've naffed off the robot as I bet he/she/it was waiting all week to ignore my efforts. In yer face robot!!

So now I can have a stress-free Thursday afternoon...not unless they've been holding back one of my previous killer lines.

Best of luck to all as has sent stuff.

Bank Holidays are like erections

Some great replies to this Laughing out loud

My contribution is 'You start off with high hopes but always end up wasting it on a DIY job" Whistling nnocently

I went for sketches on the mr men books/prince andrew, 'Enterprise' and one I found in the Daily Fail about Elton John not being allowed to paint a yellow brick road in London.

Out of interest did anyone write anything on the legal battle over the rights to stormtrooper helmets? I really wanted to but all I could think of was a 'Miles interviews Darth Vader' skit.

Quote: Monkeywithtypewriter @ March 8 2011, 6:02 PM GMT

Some great replies to this Laughing out loud

My contribution is 'You start off with high hopes but always end up wasting it on a DIY job" Whistling nnocently

I went for sketches on the mr men books/prince andrew, 'Enterprise' and one I found in the Daily Fail about Elton John not being allowed to paint a yellow brick road in London.

Out of interest did anyone write anything on the legal battle over the rights to stormtrooper helmets? I really wanted to but all I could think of was a 'Miles interviews Darth Vader' skit.

I too salute the Bank Holiday jobs. So that's ninety seven Enterprise sketches. They could use one word from each of them possibly. Prince Andrew had been done to death by the Now Show. Stormtrooper did cross my mind but Star Trek and Star Wars in the same programme? There's only one way to sort it out...

I tell ya what, if my 'Bank Holidays are like erections ...' line actually makes it on the show there's gonna be a lot of justified groans from people going 'my hard-on gag was well better than that shite' Laughing out loud If the BBC decide to do an open door *smutty* comedy show it'd be awesome.

I sent in two sketches (I honestly can't remember if I've already said this once). One was on ... wait for it ... bank holidays, specifically the government's increasingly desperate attempts to stimulate tourism.

The second sketch was on the Lib Dem by-election defeat - God that seems like a long time ago.

Balls. On a mercy dash to take my 2 year old to the doctor's (ok, it was a routine appointment - her nose bleeds appear to be caused by violent picking...) so ended up sending my email to NJ exactly 5 minutes late.

No automated email.

Am I black balled or have they Blenked me?

I sent my usual 3 sketches. Went for stories that made me laugh when reading this week. Interview with firearms officer who was in trouble for slipping song titles into the inquest of a man he killed, phones 4 u advert about Beijing wanting to tap all their phones and interview with pharmacy rep talking about they plans to change the languag of medicine "may make you drowsy" will noe be "will make you sleepy" had to be mocked surely