British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,513

I visited. Actually it was my weight in stone that bothered me initially until I found out my BMI had increased by 6-7 point since june 2008.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 8 2011, 12:55 PM GMT

I visited. Actually it was my weight in stone that bothered me initially until I found out my BMI had increased by 6-7 point since june 2008.

It's along time ago though. I wouldn't worry bout it.

Weeeell it's all well and good saying that, but I'm at a weight now which is genuinely quite unhealthy, so I do actually have to do something about it now to make sure I don't get any medical issues.

So I think general cutting down for the rest of the month, and then health regime from the 18th (payday) when I can afford to actually buy some food etc. Hooray!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 8 2011, 1:02 PM GMT

Weeeell it's all well and good saying that, but I'm at a weight now which is genuinely quite unhealthy, so I do actually have to do something about it now to make sure I don't get any medical issues.

So I think general cutting down for the rest of the month, and then health regime from the 18th (payday) when I can afford to actually buy some food etc. Hooray!

I'm looking to lose 3stone by June. I'll be a decent weight then.

I've just worked out what it would take to get me to my ideal weight. 1 year aparently. Need to cut down to 1400 calories a day.

I need to lose around 6 stone.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 8 2011, 1:26 PM GMT

I've just worked out what it would take to get me to my ideal weight. 1 year aparently. Need to cut down to 1400 calories a day.

I need to lose around 6 stone.

I lost 5 last year, but stopped to level off about Oct-Nov. So only just getting back into it :)

6 in a year (well until April 08) is pretty doable. I only need to lose 1.5lbs a week, and can do that from cutting Calories alone. Joined a Calorie counter website so I can track my progress.

LETS DO THIS SHIZ.

All that talk of baked potatoes last night made me hungry so I did some for me.

Lazy in the microwave about 20 mins, then slice crosswise, and put in Olive Oil spread (less cholesterol than butter) and mint sauce.

Yummy.

It's important to keep potatoes in the dark so they don't know their fate so that they don't go green (which is poisonous), but they still seem to sprout in my house. How do farmers etc keep potatoes without them sprouting?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 8 2011, 1:39 PM GMT

6 in a year (well until April 08) is pretty doable. I only need to lose 1.5lbs a week, and can do that from cutting Calories alone. Joined a Calorie counter website so I can track my progress.

LETS DO THIS SHIZ.

It's bad form, but it's brothers birthday tonight so I'm having some beers and celebrating but I'm defo on it! :D

How tall are you Nat? I've seen you, and I can't imagine you could lose 6 stone and not become some sort of waif!

Quote: zooo @ March 8 2011, 1:50 PM GMT

How tall are you Nat? I've seen you, and I can't imagine you could lose 6 stone and not become some sort of waif!

This.

5'5". I weigh 16 stone and should be down at around 10 to be a healthy weight. I've always looked lighter than I actually am, so 10 stone might not be sensible (i've got quite muscular legs under the wobbly bits!), so will try for a target SIZE instead.

I'm quite good at sticking to diets if I'm sensible and actually set it out. In college I lost a couple of stone for a play in only a few months. Just from eating sensibly. I find that if I do myself a 'food plan' that is easy to stick to I will do a lot better than simple cutting down.

Quote: billwill @ March 8 2011, 1:47 PM GMT

It's important to keep potatoes in the dark so they don't know their fate so that they don't go green (which is poisonous), but they still seem to sprout in my house. How do farmers etc keep potatoes without them sprouting?

Soil. Huh does it all the time- if you leave your tatties covered in a bit of soil they keep for months as opposed to a couple of weeks for clean potatoes.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 8 2011, 2:06 PM GMT

5'5". I weigh 16 stone and should be down at around 10 to be a healthy weight. I've always looked lighter than I actually am

Yes, your body must just hide it somewhere! Quite a good talent to have.

Anaesthetic is wearing off. My arm is a bit hurty and the bandage feels off.

I'm in London tomorrow and Thursday with work.