British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 46

Mines on Prince Andrew. That might just about stop him

Always one to go with the crowd I too did one on Prince Andrew.

But threw in one on the Welsh referendum as a wild card.

Mine was about the MoD, so they'll only be a few thousand of those. I can relax now I've noticed the howling error in it, I knew they'd be one. It's like remembering what you've forgotten on the way to the airport.

Quote: Larkin @ March 7 2011, 12:41 PM GMT

The unpredictability of the 'disappointment moment' timing has added to the excitement this series.

Nice to have some uncertainty. :)

Laughing out loud

I went with the new Kate Middleton inspired Mr Men books, and Jamie's Dream School.

From the Twitter feed:

Newsjack pet hate #1: sketches which start "We see..."

Quickly checks intros to sketches... (BREATHES OUT)

I think I've sent in the perfect sketch this week.

Not in terms of 'funniness' but in terms of being a sketch that the in-house team will love to tinker with and add bits of their own to.

Result? I get a credit but 'Hello' is the only bit of the sketch I recognise.

If this doesn't happen then next week I will send in the three 'evil sketches' that I've always been too scared to submit. The sketches that smash the 'fourth wall' and take no prisoners, Daddio.

My two sketches sent in this week are on Bank Holidays and the Barnsley by-election.

The Bank Holidays one starts with 'Bank Holidays are like erections . . .' Feel free to send them the second part of this line - it's bound to be funnier than mine and it might help me get a credit :P

Quote: Humberfloob @ March 7 2011, 8:24 PM GMT

The Bank Holidays one starts with 'Bank Holidays are like erections . . .'

OK, I'll bite...

They're never as long as you'd like, and our European neighbours always seem to have them more often...

Bazinga!

Dan

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 7 2011, 8:56 PM GMT

OK, I'll bite...

They're never as long as you'd like, and our European neighbours always seem to have them more often...

See what I mean? That's straightaway miles better than what I sent in!

You don't get any when you really want them and Tory politicians want to start playing around with them?

Quote: Badge @ March 7 2011, 9:23 PM GMT

You don't get any when you really want them and Tory politicians want to start playing around with them?

Send them in - please!!!!!

As long as someone else has written a decent Bank Holiday sketch we're all laughing!!!111!!1!!11

We're excited to see them arrive but they can be spoiled by false starts,interruptions and cancellations

I have to work on them.

Quote: Frantically @ March 7 2011, 9:41 PM GMT

I have to work on them.

Laughing out loud