British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 30

1241(ish) scripts is pretty remarkable. I think there's little doubt that the HatTrick announcement raised that number quite considerably.

Just got to sit and wait for the results now.

*twiddles thumbs*

Anyone know what date we should know our fate???
Wave

First time poster
Now I can sit at home and shout at the radio and TV with impunity as I'm one of the 1241.
Please let there be something funny in that lot. (Would be nice if its mine!) After all Come Fly, Big Top, My Family, Episodes can not be truly representative of the talent that is out there. I read the rejects for Newsjack most weeks and still find that there is funnier material that didn't make it as opposed to what gets in.
Good luck to all and back to the scribbling for today's 5pm deadline for NJ. Have to scratch the Ashley Cole joke, the Gaddafi (but that's gone beyond parody)and the oscars...

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anyone who wouldn't mind sending me a copy of their script(s), purely just to see what I'm up against (a.k.a not to steal ideas), like I said if you don't mind doing that it'd be awesome.

Thanks,

Ash

Quote: Ashley @ March 1 2011, 9:00 PM GMT

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anyone who wouldn't mind sending me a copy of their script(s), purely just to see what I'm up against (a.k.a not to steal ideas), like I said if you don't mind doing that it'd be awesome.

Thanks,

Ash

Sure
Everything I've ever written can be found here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Dictionary-English-Catherine-Soanes/dp/0198610572

Hope it helps

Ash, maybe you should offer your script in critique or something and then people might offer their's?

That's a bit pessimistic isn't it? What happens if you're a winner?

Oh shitballs. I've looked at the version I've sent and it doesn't have character descriptions at all.

I am a f**king idiot. Shot self in foot.

Quote: Ashley @ March 1 2011, 9:00 PM GMT

Hi,

Thanks,

Ash

My script is in critique - Suburban Bohemia Episode 1. I made a few changes before submission, but this is nearly it. I'd love feedback.

Quote: Feeoree @ March 2 2011, 12:17 AM GMT

Oh shitballs. I've looked at the version I've sent and it doesn't have character descriptions at all.

I am a f**king idiot. Shot self in foot.

Wouldn't worry too much about that, somewhere amongst this thread is a post form Declan (I think) that says Character descriptions etc are great to have as an extra, but not as important as having a blimmin' fantastic script in the first place.

Ah, okay.

My outline had more basic descriptions of their personality (the script adding to that of course) but it's devoid of physical descriptions of them (bar one non-main character). I send the version that didn't have those finishing touches.

Not that I think the script is strong enough to get to the showcase stage anyway. Bah.

Quote: Feeoree @ March 2 2011, 11:21 AM GMT

Ah, okay.

My outline had more basic descriptions of their personality (the script adding to that of course) but it's devoid of physical descriptions of them (bar one non-main character). I send the version that didn't have those finishing touches.

Not that I think the script is strong enough to get to the showcase stage anyway. Bah.

Nothing like having confidence Steve. And this certainly is nothing like having confidence.

Somebody else said the same (or something very similar) to me before.

It's not to do with confidence, I just recognise that my script is... well... crap!

Quote: Feeoree @ March 2 2011, 12:15 PM GMT

Somebody else said the same (or something very similar) to me before.

It's not to do with confidence, I just recognise that my script is... well... crap!

You may be crap. I can't even be original.

Mine got rejected very early on. Balls!

To be fair, the 'idea' I sent in wasn't a long-lasting one, and was probably impossible to film onstage...so I've only myself to blame!