British Comedy Guide

Best comedy theme tune? Page 7

my favourite is citizen smith and come the glorious day you'll be singing it

Steptoe and Son!

Most defniitely The golden Girls.Cant get enough of it.

I rather like the full Hancock's Half Hour theme tune that would play out at great length after some episodes. I guess whenever Galton and Simpson were a few minutes short they simply wrote 'full length theme tune' and disappeared down the pub for a well earned break. For those of you youngsters yet to find BBC 7, it was a wonderful flowing tuba piece by Wally Stott (before he became Angela Morley) that I find myself humming or whistling almost exclusively during bored moments.

I quite like the theme tune to Watching. Is that bad?

No that's a damn fine choice. Well remembered. Emma Wray warbling away and oh such a mournful, wistful tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8S5M3Hn6o4

I like this when it was on, never seen it since. The caustic sneering charms of Emma Wray and the chirpy quips of the mullet headed scouse Queen Tarbarella really worked.

Almost forgot! The Liver Birds!

F**king hated it. The show itself (naturally), but especially the f**king, f**king, f**king theme tune. Probably the song that was playing endlessly on-a-loop in Jon Venables's head that day... :(

'The Kids In The Hall' theme tune is brilliant.

The Liver Birds theme was by The Scaffold if I remember correctly!

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 27 2011, 12:30 AM GMT

The Liver Birds theme was by The Scaffold if I remember correctly!

Indeed. They also did 'Lily The Pink'. I hated that as well.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 27 2011, 12:30 AM GMT

'The Kids In The Hall' theme tune is brilliant.

Agreed. :)

:P Rhuubarb and Custard!!, you gotta laugh!

Sapphire and Steel.

Music and narrative. What more could you ask for.

Max and Paddy!

"Best of all we don't pay tax!"

I am rather fond of the Parks & Recreation theme.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ February 28 2011, 2:54 PM GMT

Sapphire and Steel.

I didn't realise this was a comedy, John...? Errr If it was, that just further complicates what the f**k the show was meant to be about. :(