British Comedy Guide

Friday Night Dinner - Series 1 Page 2

You could always watch it on 4OD I suppose.

Quote: chipolata @ February 19 2011, 2:50 PM GMT

Trailers didn't look too bad, although I wonder about the wisdom of tying yourself to such a limited set-up.

Have you heard of the Sitcom(mission)?

Quote: jay none @ February 19 2011, 2:21 PM GMT

Who is the genius who decided that this programme should go out on a Friday night? Guess what - many Jewish people, who would probably love to see it, will be unable to watch if they observe the Sabbath rules. And before anyone says the title relates to an appropriate screening time may I mention Saturday Night Fever, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, etc etc etc! Will each episode be repeated later in the week? Let's hope so.

It's repeated the following Thursday, right after 10 O'Clock Live.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/friday_night_dinner/episodes/1/1/

Quote: jay none @ February 19 2011, 2:21 PM GMT

Who is the genius who decided that this programme should go out on a Friday night? Guess what - many Jewish people, who would probably love to see it, will be unable to watch if they observe the Sabbath rules.

Jews are not the only group similarly deprived. As a devout Christian, I'm unable to watch Ski Sunday and That Sunday Night Show with Adrian Chiles. :(

*shakes fist at anti-theist TV schedulers* Angry

You might find the theatre is more sensitive to those with religious concerns? For example, the one day you can't see Sondheim's musical Sunday In The Park With George is on a Sunday - cos all the theatres are closed.

>_<

Popper + Greig + Heap = alright with me

Quote: shaggy292 @ February 20 2011, 1:45 PM GMT

Popper + Greig + Heap

That's sounds like a law firm or venereal disease or both.

Watched trailer. Hope it's better and funnier than that suggests it is. Has a great cast so should be good.

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ February 22 2011, 12:29 PM GMT

Watched trailer. Hope it's better and funnier than that suggests it is. Has a great cast so should be good.

Mark Heap had me laughing in this preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aaHALieIo

Low key, but I enjoyed that; Heap as great as ever.

Well, I loved that :P. Much better than the trailers made it out to be.

Can't help but feel that Bird's playing exactly the same character he did in 'Tweeners, though.

I liked how Heap kept instinctively guarding his crotch from the dog! Good to see Garth Marenghi turn up too.

Is this Robert Popper's first sitcom? Look Around You doesn't really count, does it...?

Reminiscent of Grandma's House, good fun but very low key.

Quote: MoonlightingMatron @ February 25 2011, 10:33 PM GMT

Is this Robert Popper's first sitcom? Look Around You doesn't really count, does it...?

I think so, though he script edited Peep Show and The IT Crowd for a while.