British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 31

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ February 23 2011, 7:55 PM GMT

If it wasn't for that, my same-sex marriage sketch (the church being against it, so one member of a gay couple dresses as a bride to fool the vicar) might have stood a chance.

No doubt it's a good sketch, but it doesn't sound very topical, I'm afraid...

Quote: Griff @ February 24 2011, 10:19 AM GMT

I don't know where to start with this.

Recommending some decent newspapers or websites might help :P

It was to do with the Equalities Minister wanting to allow same-sex marriages in church, but the C of E being against it.
Which is very topical. It was one of last week's news stories.

It's why they featured the "over my dead body" same-sex marriages sketch on a topical news satire show. :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ February 24 2011, 12:33 PM GMT

It was to do with the Equalities Minister wanting to allow same-sex marriages in church, but the C of E being against it.

It's why they featured the "over my dead body" same-sex marriages sketch on a topical news satire show. :)

I'm sorry, I must have missed this story.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ February 24 2011, 12:33 PM GMT

Even funnier, but with no chance of getting on the show, was that the Minister wanted same-sex marriages to take place in mosques and synagogues.

Ahhh......nothing submitted this week. Here's me relaxing in my pants and messing about on the internet, here's all of you hitting F5 from 3-6pm today.

I wonder what would happen if nobody submitted? Would the in-house team write the entire thing or would they try to pass of an obscure episode of The Navy Lark as the new show?

Quote: Jinky @ February 24 2011, 1:47 PM GMT

I wonder what would happen if nobody submitted? Would the in-house team write the entire thing

Yes.

Quote: Jinky @ February 24 2011, 1:47 PM GMT

I wonder what would happen if nobody submitted? Would the in-house team write the entire thing or would they try to pass of an obscure episode of The Navy Lark as the new show?

Don't know. Let's all promise not to send anything in at all next week and see what happens :D

(Thinks 'now they'll have to use everything I send in next week, mwah ha ha!')

Quote: Monkeywithtypewriter @ February 24 2011, 2:31 PM GMT

Don't know. Let's all promise not to send anything in at all next week and see what happens :D

(Thinks 'now they'll have to use everything I send in next week, mwah ha ha!')

There is no show next week, tonight's is the last one...

Whistling nnocently

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ February 24 2011, 4:19 PM GMT

There is no show next week, tonight's is the last one...

Whistling nnocently

:D

Yes! \o/

Well done Gerry, Chantoozie and anyone else too.

Well done to the successful ones.

Nada for me - check out the rejects thread...

Just wanted to congratulate everyone who's got in tonight's show. No joy yet for me this series - until this week I've been able to blame other commitments. Now I blame myself :(

Well done to those selected.

Onwards!

Whoop. I have something on. And I don't mean me ripped kecks.

Nowt for me either this series. Sure I could blame myself, but that'd be too easy.

Gaddafi you bastard!

Well done Trabs and others who weren't targetted by this despotic tyrant :)