British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 28

Congratulations to all who made it on this week.

At least 5 BCGers credited by my reckoning - well done all.

Amazed to get something on this week as I actually missed the deadline, but I'm guessing they used a one-liner from last weeks submissions.

Well done to everyone who got something on, am listening to it now.

That movie trailer was *ace*! :D

Dan

Ditto with the congratulations and commiserations, guys.

I got two one-liners in - my first ever writing credit!! *runs around excitedly*

Thought there was some really good stuff in there this week: I especially liked the product placement, gay marriage, Colin Firth awards, and royal correspondent sketches. And the Arnie trailer :).

Btw, who does the excellent Nick Clegg impression?! It really is... well, excellent.

Your first credit - well done, well done!

Nick Clegg's voice was bought to us by the magic of Lewis Macleod.

Well done, Chantoozie.

Lewis usually brings us all the voices!

Dan

Well done Chantoozie and anyone else who I havnt mentioned

I thought the Big Society sketch was v funny, and ditto the Colin Firth, and Arnie trailer

Thanks guys!

(Oh dear. Just realised I say 'guys' more often than Tony Blair)

Had a quick listen to episode 2.

Am I imagining it, or does Miles sound a little...out-of-sorts...throughout the show?

His delivery sounded quite flat. Either that or my stereo's on the blink.

Quote: Jinky @ February 18 2011, 1:04 PM GMT

Either that or my stereo's on the blink.

Stereo! Stereo? How quaint. What were you listening to it on, a radiogram? ;)

Thought this was a better all-round show than last week's. I loved the Channel 4 racist parody. Someone shoehorning "Knightmare" into the show too! Laughing out loud

They used an identical set-up line to my Berlusconi one-liner, only to follow up with a different punchline. Oh! The cruelty! Now I see what you all go through each week.

*dusts himself down for next week*

Well done to those getting stuff on this week.

Hello. I'm new here - kind of. Been reading a while, but I thought it'd be nice to pitch in.

I discovered Newsjack about midway through series 3, and I managed to sneak a Vox Pop into the final ep last year. No joy with the first two episodes this series, but I've noticed that the subjects and stories that I've written about are making it onto the show, so at least I can console myself that so far I've been targetting stuff that they'd be interested in.

Now, a day and a half to write that killer sketch that they can't refuse.

Cheers,

Jamie

My sub this week was a bit unPC, not that have accepted any of my stuff... It's a film trailer spoof.