British Comedy Guide

Hairdressers - Episode Two Page 2

Enjoyed both episodes. Strong characterisation, plenty of laughs, just needs a tad more plot. Good stuff.

Quote: Ben @ February 2 2011, 10:24 PM GMT

I could only manage three minutes of this. Crude, nasty and full of punchlines akin to the sound of a car crash or a lonely man coughing in an empty church.

:| Won't be listening to episode three went it's out I take it.

I probably will James as I enjoy viewing the showcase stuff. I just don't necessarily finish them all. The production was nice on this. I forgot to say.

Quote: Ben @ February 3 2011, 11:05 AM GMT

I probably will James as I enjoy viewing the showcase stuff. I just don't necessarily finish them all. The production was nice on this. I forgot to say.

It's a fair comment thanks for giving it a go though Ben.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ February 3 2011, 8:14 AM GMT

Enjoyed both episodes. Strong characterisation, plenty of laughs, just needs a tad more plot. Good stuff.

:D Thank you Michael.

I haven't managed to listen to an entire episode yet James
But I've got halfway through the first two.
It's not quite my style of humour.
But I thought your performance was alright.
And Sam sounds pretty good playing his main character, he comes across quite convincing in his role.
Sometimes the sound seems to differ from character to character though
I don't know whether that's the microphones or the editing or something else.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 12 2011, 4:42 AM GMT

I haven't managed to listen to an entire episode yet James
But I've got halfway through the first two.
It's not quite my style of humour.
But I thought your performance was alright.
And Sam sounds pretty good playing his main character, he comes across quite convincing in his role.
Sometimes the sound seems to differ from character to character though
I don't know whether that's the microphones or the editing or something else.

Fair enough I knew the humour wouldn't be to everyone's tastes.
Alright is better then crap so thanks.
I'll tell him he sound's convincing I think he'll be pleased :P
There are times when we don't speak directly in to the microphones as we're at the back of the shop saying goodbye to yet another disgruntled customer I think they maybe the bits your referring too.

I thought it was pretty good; good production and delivery.

Main constructive feedback would be;

- The "we're hairdressers" quip is very Little Britain "We're LADIES" like to me.

- One of the actors delivery style was too similar to Matt Lucas for me, to the point of distracting me.

- Could have been a little more pacey in parts.

But it did have some good humour in it; I loved the guy at the beginning going outside to call to make an appointment, reminded me of Python in all the right ways :O)

Quote: David Rogers @ February 16 2011, 11:57 PM GMT

I thought it was pretty good; good production and delivery.

Main constructive feedback would be;

- The "we're hairdressers" quip is very Little Britain "We're LADIES" like to me.

- One of the actors delivery style was too similar to Matt Lucas for me, to the point of distracting me.

- Could have been a little more pacey in parts.

But it did have some good humour in it; I loved the guy at the beginning going outside to call to make an appointment, reminded me of Python in all the right ways :O)

Sorry only just seen this feedback. :) Thank you for saying it was pretty good and I'm glad you liked the delivery.

I agree the "we're hairdressers" quip is quite like "We're ladies".

Which actor? The one that play Jules or Justin?

I agree with the pace especially in the early scenes.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Getting sick of some of the petty remarks on here. If you people can find problems with Hairdressers, is there ANY comedy that you like at all?
Hairdressers ticks all my boxes for good high quality comedy.

Vivid characters? Tick.
Engaging words? Tick.
Descriptive plots? Tick.
Funny jokes? Tick.

I think it's probably just too metaphorical for you unintelligent haters. I love it!

Quote: GWKC @ February 25 2011, 2:09 PM GMT

Getting sick of some of the petty remarks on here.

Thanks for your input, we'll do our best not to be critical in the critique area again.

:D

Quote: David Bussell @ February 25 2011, 2:17 PM GMT

Thanks for your input, we'll do our best not to be critical in the critique area again.

Yeah? You shut up, you.

Quote: GWKC @ February 25 2011, 2:09 PM GMT

If you people can find problems with Hairdressers, is there ANY comedy that you like at all?

I'm a little confused by this sentence. Are you saying that James Cotter is the PINNACLE of modern comedy?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 25 2011, 2:26 PM GMT

James Cotter is the PINNACLE of modern comedy.

:D Very nice of you to say Nat.