British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 23

When I was a student I heckled Mark Steel for repeating material which I had seen on television only a couple of nights before.

Fortunately he was able to put me down with the witty riposte "Well, you're a f****** c*** then, aren't you?"

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 15 2011, 4:59 PM GMT

I'm a fool to myself but I too sent off some Apps.

*Drums fingers on desk and waits for "ping" and inbox icon to flash*

Hey Blenkie

This is you:

And this is them:

**Don't panic yet. I got one yesterday for a sketch, but got nothing back for one liners today.

I got me an auto reply and that's it.

I take it people who got stuff onto the show won't find out until Thursday afternoon will they?

Not that I'd be among them, boooo. Huh?

Just one sketch sent in this week. No quickies.

As I usually only start submitting from the third episode onwards, this means I'm winning.

Quote: Will Cam @ February 15 2011, 8:43 PM GMT

Hey Blenkie

This is you:

And this is them:

:D

Quote: Will Cam @ February 15 2011, 8:43 PM GMT

Hey Blenkie

This is you:

And this is them:

**Don't panic yet. I got one yesterday for a sketch, but got nothing back for one liners today.

You're not wrong there Will. I say! You're not wrong there.

Thought I'd fox them by sending my Apps from a different email address and guess what?

*Still drums fingers on desk*

Brand new to this site (only found it by googling 'Newsjack' AFTER submitting some one-liners yesterday). Really liking the positive and supportive vibe in here, even if many of the comments have already shattered any illusions I had of actually getting anything into the show! :)

Welcome to the BCG radiat10n. Pleased

Quote: radiat10n @ February 16 2011, 10:06 AM GMT

Brand new to this site (only found it by googling 'Newsjack' AFTER submitting some one-liners yesterday). Really liking the positive and supportive vibe in here, even if many of the comments have already shattered any illusions I had of actually getting anything into the show! :)

Hi there and welcome...dont worry, we're all full of illusions in here :)

Probably shouldn't announce this but I've got a ticket for tonight's recording, which is off at some building called 229 The Venue (I never quite trust a place who's name is also it's address).

I think it's just for the first two episodes it's not at the BBC Radio Theatre. Could read a lot into that but it's probably like any meeting rooms, someone booked it first.

Anyway I shall try and remember what is in the recording but I might just come back with the reply - 'Not my sketch'.

Thanks for the welcome folks, and Stephen...dunno, but I think that might be the best thing, hope you DO hear your sketch though!

I sent some one-liners in JUST so I could get an auto-reply. *pops auto-reply into special 'Auto-replies like wot Blenkinsop doesn't get' folder*

Hi radiat10n Wave

Bit annoying there have been lots of news stories today and yesterday. I bet the in-house writers have been busy.

Well, that's the way it is some weeks...