British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 9

Quote: Declan @ January 27 2011, 6:44 PM GMT

For reasons that will become apparent next week,

That's what I call a good cliff hanger :D

Quote: don rushmore @ January 27 2011, 8:00 PM GMT

I think the reason is apparent already, push the deadline forward and you can hold more workshops - at £75 a pop!

Anyway, it's fantastic news, it's like a birthday present to any aspiring script writer. I'm always in a late panic with mine. Haven't really started yet tbh.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 29 2011, 11:18 AM GMT

Anyway, it's fantastic news, it's like a birthday present to any aspiring script writer. I'm always in a late panic with mine. Haven't really started yet tbh.

Thank God I'm not the only one. I've done the characters and got loads of ideas, but I need to make a start on writing an episode (hopefully I can stick to the one page a day goal I've set myself).

Quote: don rushmore @ January 27 2011, 8:00 PM GMT

I think the reason is apparent already, push the deadline forward and you can hold more workshops - at £75 a pop!

Mr Cynical ;) Wait for the news ;)

Quote: Declan @ January 27 2011, 6:44 PM GMT

For reasons that will become apparent next week, we're going to be extending the final deadline to February 28th, so we've added some more dates to our sitcom-writing workshops. These sell out within days of us putting the details up, so book quickly...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/

It's next week already

Share, Share Sick

Hi Declan,

Regarding the 15 minute entry for your sitcom competition could you please clarify something for me. Do I simply submit the script or do you also require some background info on the characters and/or an overall synopsis of the series as a whole.

At present I'm assuming that you only require the 15 minute script but just thought I'd better check just to be on the safe side!!

Kind Regards,
Kevin

To answer Kevin's point:

One of the reasons we reject scripts is that have no future. If you can persuade us you've written something with series potential rather than a long sketch that's all to the good. So an outline of future episodes and character biogs really helps.

Outlining future episodes should clarify the relationships for you anyway, so it's hardly time wasted.

Having said that, we've never rejected a script because it didn't come with outlines and biogs attached. Genuinely funny and original scripts are so thin on the ground that we're looking for reasons to accept scripts-not reject them.

Simon
for Every1sacritic presenting The Sitcom Mission

PS the big announcement is on the way. Haven't forgotten.

Quote: simon wright @ February 1 2011, 3:02 PM GMT

To answer Kevin's point:

One of the reasons we reject scripts is that have no future. If you can persuade us you've written something with series potential rather than a long sketch that's all to the good. So an outline of future episodes and character biogs really helps.

Outlining future episodes should clarify the relationships for you anyway, so it's hardly time wasted.

Having said that, we've never rejected a script because it didn't come with outlines and biogs attached. Genuinely funny and original scripts are so thin on the ground that we're looking for reasons to accept scripts-not reject them.

Simon

The suspense is killing me!

Quote: simon wright @ February 1 2011, 3:02 PM GMT

To answer Kevin's point:

Simon

I never knew that Simon and so have only ever submitted the required script...doh

I think Simon and Declan are getting married.

I think they haven't received any scripts good enough at all and have extended the date to see if any writer can come up with the goods; but I'm ever the pessimist

Sepp Blatter from FIFA has rung up. He's got some ideas about improving the decision process and he also wants the finals to be held in the middle of the Gobi desert on midsummers day.

Errr what's this neeeews??

Hello all...

The big news is...

That you'll have to wait another week for the big news!!!

Soz dudes.

See you next Thursday when it goes up.

Cheers, Declan

Well thanks for giving us more time. I'm nearly there.