British Comedy Guide

My first ever sitcom pilot please give it a watch!

I am 20 years old and in my final year of university and I wrote and directed a Sitcom episode! We made the show on no budget at all and took heavy influences from PhoneShop, The Inbetweeners and The Office! It would mean the world if you you guys could have a look and give me some feedback. The target audience is 18-34 so the music used and themes are hopefully relevant to this age range.

Many thanks!

http://vimeo.com/19132425 - Shoot The Runner (Pilot)

Right, before we go any further, you're not related to Dan Pearce, are you? Errr

No not to my knowledge haha!

Fair enough, you may proceed. :)

Just thought I'd mention the audio seems to be unbalanced, at least on my computer. It's louder in the left speaker.

i like it after watching it on my Pc .

Hi, Josh. For a bunch of guys your age this is good stuff. Keep at it and drop by again with your next project.

Just watched this and thought it was very good - one of the best filmed pieces I've seen put up here. Good writing, good acting and funny. I think it would make a good webseries.

For what it is - this is spectacular. Good work, good acting, good shooting, like the music, nice one!

:| A very polished attempt at humour for students. However, not so appealing for older dudes?. Even the black greetings were underpowered, do not be afraid of gross exaggeration in comedy.
Tempted to say the false moustache on producer was quite hilarious, Ala Sacha Baron Cohen!.
Technically great, slow clips, no. Keep it edited and fast guys.

Thanks so much for your kind words! It was my first attempt at writing comedy and we went for The Office style of mockumentary but also borrowed styles of humour from the new wave comedies such as PhoneShop and Inbetweeners. I am sorry it doesn't apply to the older dudes as much, but we did intended for the piece to target a 18-35 target audience! (with the themes and music styles used)

I have been considering writing more episodes but once I have left university I will pretty much have to pay for everything which will not be easy! I think with a professional writer working with me I could make it something enjoyable for an E4/BBC3 audience but it will take lots of improvement first.

Thanks

Josh :D

p.s The moustache was real!

Thought it was quite enjoyable. Only thing was maybe some of the actors could have been a bit older to add a bit more credibility and humour to some of the lines/gags (like meeting the rapper) but I appreciate that you had to use your colleagues. A good start I'd say and I am difficult to please!

Sadly I could only watch 5 minutes before my computer refused to download anymore, brilliant from what I saw though - crystal clear quality. "You name it I'll slay it" haha, keep up the good work x

Hi Josh

I kind of lost interest 5 minutes in.

But then I am outside your target audience.

Some good ideas in there. Stick with it.

Regards

Skoob.

Hey Josh. I'm in your target audience and I really enjoyed it -- some very funny moments. The cringe humour seems a bit undermined by the silliness of some of it at points though, but I don't know if that's what you were going for.

Excellent :D