British Comedy Guide

A Matter of Principle Audiobook Page 7

Quote: don rushmore @ January 25 2011, 3:29 PM GMT

Shit comeback; point rescinded.

GWKC 0 -1 David Bussell

I think my comeback too class.

Quote: GWKC @ January 25 2011, 2:56 PM GMT

I can tell you that I am a dedicated fan of James Cotter. I am also part of a group of like-minded people. We love Cotter's work and think that anyone who doesn't is missing something in their lives. For anyone to find fault with his progressing audiobook is decidedly ignorant. J

Always nice to put a face to a name :P

Just on the length issue. I just checked and my first audiobook runs at eight and half hours just over. It's not a particularly long book.

Quote: Marc P @ January 26 2011, 12:26 PM GMT

Just on the length issue. I just checked and my first nooky log runs at eight and half hours just over. It's a particularly long dinkle as well.

Bloody hell even Sting must be jealous.

Rolling eyes

Interesting thread I stumbled across - this chap must be very popular despite my never having heard of him. However, I have listened to his not audiobooks and, if I may say, he has Van Gogh's ear for diction and dialects.

Listened to his hairdresser episode,despite it being totally distateful, but I found no reference in the dialogue to "the costumier" who is mentioned in the credits - do they employ wardrobe people in radio nowadays?

Quote: Cotta Nijo @ January 26 2011, 1:51 PM GMT

Interesting thread I stumbled across - this chap must be very popular despite my never having heard of him. However, I have listened to his not audiobooks and, if I may say, he has Van Gogh's ear for diction and dialects.

Listened to his hairdresser episode,despite it being totally distateful, but I found no reference in the dialogue to "the costumier" who is mentioned in the credits - do they employ wardrobe people in radio nowadays?

Laughing out loud Seriously this kind of 'feedback' is getting even more amusing by the second. "Totally distasteful" Laughing out loud what a comment to get. I have no idea what your going on about in regards to the costumier.

Well you amended the typo in the credits since I last looked. If you sincerely believe that homophobic recycled "comedy" is not distasteful (and I find many closet homosexuals go through that unfortunate phase) or that stereotypical brash northerners are funny then clearly you need to consider a change of career; possibly market gardening. If you are really lucky they may name a spring flower after you: The 'Narcissus Cottagus' perhaps

Quote: Cotta Nijo @ January 26 2011, 4:42 PM GMT

If you sincerely believe that homophobic recycled "comedy" is not distasteful (and I find many closet homosexuals go through that unfortunate phase) or that stereotypical brash northerners are funny then clearly you need to consider a change of career; possibly market gardening. If you are really lucky they may name a spring flower after you: The 'Narcissus Cottagus' perhaps

:O :O :O :O :O I don't think referring to me as a closet homosexual is entirely appropriate do you? You attack me for being distasteful then post something like that. Oh how very ironic.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 26 2011, 4:47 PM GMT

:O :O :O :O :O I don't think referring to me as a closet homosexual is entirely appropriate do you? You attack me for being distasteful then post something like that. Oh how very ironic.

I don't believe I said you were a closet homosexual.

However my time here is done and long may you continue to provide entertainment to your growing band of sychophants.

Fortunately I will not be sharing the stage with you again.

[exit - with flourish - stage left]

Yeah you did go a bit far with that comment and calling anyone who likes my work sycophants is again going too far. Cool My dear you didn't share the stage with me you were merely in the circle heckling and getting thrown out within a few minutes Wave

[quote name="James Cotter" post="720712" date="January 27 2011, 11:13 AM GMT"]Yeah you did go a bit far with that comment and calling anyone who likes my work elephants is again going too far. As is implying they only like my work because I offer them peanuts and frighten them with mice Cool

?

The fifth chapter of my audiobook adaption of my thirty minute monologue A Matter of Principle is now online.

Below you will find the link to watch the video.

A Matter of Principle - Chapter Five

I think you should do the one Dolly D wrote for you James. That was about a year ago or more.