British Comedy Guide

A Matter of Principle Audiobook Page 5

Quote: GWKC @ January 24 2011, 5:06 PM GMT

Is it just me, or has nobody here except James understood what adapting something means? 'A Matter of Principle' is going from strength to strength and I think most of you lot are threatened by his ability.

Put simply, James Cotter makes good writing. Fact.

:) Thank you very much for your compliments.

hmmmm last few posts seem a bit too ........erm.......engineered. :/

May I be the first to welcome GWKC, cottytotty1 and LiamBolton to the BCG Forum. May your stays be long and productive. :)

Quote: Badge @ January 24 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

May I be the first to welcome GWKC, cottytotty1 and LiamBolton to the BCG Forum. May your stays be long and productive. :)

Sighed Badge tersley as he contemplated his cheese sandwich, flat cap and monotonous dialogue. All that existed as window dressing to sign post that he was a grumpy bloke of advancing years. "Soon be time to put the signes out and clear the gutters." He thought to himself with an endless monologue that could be mistaken for schizophrenia or a crude plot device.

How he wished there was at least one character to end his loneliness. In this dreary, drabbly described park he called home.

Is this a documentary?

Back on topic, I'm not sure you can sigh tersely.

Quote: Badge @ January 24 2011, 11:07 PM GMT

Is this a documentary?

Said Badge suspiciously as he raked the leaves.

Leaves that he seemed to have been raking for ever...

As if God or who ever had created him hadn't done the most basic research into the work of a park keeper.

And had thought

"hmm I saw a parkie clearing up leaves I'll make my creation do that"

Mmm steak and kidney pie. Reliable isn't it. Thought Badge as he felt his sanity start to dribble out of the plot holes in his mind.

Hurrah I'm going to be a big seed one day! :D

I love this thread it is so Laughing out loud

also welcome to GWKC, cottytotty1 and LiamBolton. especially cottytotty1 which is just the greatest name ever.

P.S. Sootyj ...you may be a genius...or perhaps a genies ass, hard to tell!

Do wah?

Quote: cottytotty1 @ January 24 2011, 5:13 PM GMT

I have heard enough!Not from you James, I haven't heard enough from you. It's the rest of you that I have heard enough from.

James's work is growing in strength with every new piece of ART that he releases. Everyone has to start somewhere. we're all like little seeds and eventually we will all grow into big seeds. Let the man express himself the best way he knows how, through cottercasts and films. I for one salute him. Let's be supportive guys!

This, Sootyj.

Yah!

Quote: GWKC @ January 24 2011, 5:06 PM GMT

Is it just me, or has nobody here except James understood what adapting something means? 'A Matter of Principle' is going from strength to strength and I think most of you lot are threatened by his ability.

Put simply, James Cotter makes good writing. Fact.

apparently danpearce1 agrees!

@cotterj99 brilliant :) you are going from strength to strength :)
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to cotterj99

Whistling nnocently

Quote: jacparov @ January 24 2011, 11:11 PM GMT

especially cottytotty1 which is just the greatest name ever.

Word.

Quote: Win Wilders @ January 25 2011, 8:31 AM GMT

apparently danpearce1 agrees!

@cotterj99 brilliant :) you are going from strength to strength :)
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to cotterj99

Whistling nnocently

In reply to this:

@danpearce1 Hard work though. I'm playing five characters in episode two. An old lady, a scouser, a bloke's bloke, a posh lady and Jules! 16 hours ago via web

This thread has turned more exciting than the movie Catfish! Did three, brand-new-to-the-forum, Cotter fans just emerge from nowhere, each using identical syntax, vocab and grammar to long-time collaborator, Dan Pearce? Or has the cynical society we live in programmed us to throw skepticism and scorn on a hard-working young man, tirelessly producing innovative work that simply appeals to a distinct audience?

I'm very thankful to the new members of the forum for there compliments but I'm as curious as everyone else to who they are.