British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 616

Quote: EllieJP @ January 4 2011, 10:10 AM GMT

I watched Blink last night and I was terrified. I couldn't even go to sleep. :(

How the hell is that family viewing?!

Midnight is even better! :D Should watch that. One of my favs of the Tennant era

Quote: EllieJP @ January 4 2011, 10:10 AM GMT

I watched Blink last night and I was terrified. I couldn't even go to sleep. :(

How the hell is that family viewing?!

There's another story with those statues in, Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone, from the latest series that is also brilliant.

You should try Girl in the Fireplace, Ellie. It's reeeeally good. (There are a couple of scary bits, but the rest of it is awesomely awesome.)

Quote: chipolata @ January 3 2011, 10:26 PM GMT

Sharks must keep moving forward or die

Only to the extent that you have to keep breathing or die but still manage not to drown in the shower.

Quote: Marc P @ January 4 2011, 10:15 AM GMT

Get up to Highgate Cemetery and spend the night there tonight - and you'll be fine again. It's just like getting back up a horse.

:)

Filth

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 3 2011, 12:41 AM GMT

That reminds me, I haven't seen the Christmas ep. Is it worth checking out?

Not really. Unless you're a big fan of Katherine Jenkins and her singing. The concept of the Doctor travelling into the past (and battling a shark) to change Scrooge's future - to prevent a spaceship from crashing - wasn't so bad, but it dragged on a bit with annoying singing chucked into the plot, and Matt Smith's performance was much like Tennant at his most schmaltzy. It seems to have introduced Katherine Jenkins to a whole new audience. She had hitherto been best known in Australia for providing the background music to a late-night TV weather channel.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/05/who_marriage/

Doctor Who to marry Doctor Who's daughter

Doctor Who the 10th, David Tennant, is planning to get hitched to his fictional daughter Georgia Moffett, who also happens to be the real daughter of his fictional fifth incarnation.

Moffet is the real-life fruit of former Time Lord Peter Davison's loins, and played Who offspring Jenny in 2008's The Doctor's Daughter.

Just watching the Fires of Pompeii again.
It's a good little episode.

The main thing I noticed was that the theme tune wasn't crap.

Indeeeeeeed!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 9 2011, 1:41 AM GMT

Just watching the Fires of Pompeii again.
It's a good little episode.

Fun for anyone who did the first year of the Cambridge Latin Course, in which they all died in the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/bbcworldwide/worldwidestories/pressreleases/2011/01_january/dw_character_options.shtml

Aww, look at the ickle Cyberman.

The Daleks look exactly like that nowadays. :(

Quote: BBC Press Release

Fans will be able to build their own Doctor Who world with all their favourite characters

What halfwit wrote that? I didn't notice a Myrka among the characters made into toys.

Quote: Matt Smith

I'm glad that the Doctor's trusty Sonic Screwdriver is in his hand, ready to fend off attacks from monsters!

Twit. The Doctor traditionally uses his intelligence, and not a wonder-gun, to defeat monsters.

Quote: Kenneth @ January 19 2011, 8:57 PM GMT

Twit. The Doctor traditionally uses his intelligence, and not a wonder-gun, to defeat monsters.

:( So mean.