British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 307

That is very true.

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2011, 9:36 PM GMT

No, some of your countrymen can't hold their booze. ;)

VERY true.

*Pours another glass*

Yap. I don't go into the city centre on a friday or saturday night because I hate drunks.

Friday night - I'm drinking to that! But these folk aren't about to come along and murder us in our beds.

Quote: keewik @ January 14 2011, 10:06 PM GMT

Friday night - I'm drinking to that! But these folk aren't about to come along and murder us in our beds.

You're right. They mainly bother each others.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 9:33 PM GMT

I've never been in one and I've lived here for about 10,000 days!
You must have a face for trouble. ;)

Yeh but your boyfriend is really really tough

He is well 'ard.

;)

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2011, 9:25 PM GMT

finding myself face-to-face with violent intruders bent on murder

Happens all the time, you're right to be worried about this to the point of being ready to kill at the pull of a trigger

There's difference between being worried and being prepared. I was a Boy Scout so I am prepared.

No I agree with you. I often carry anti-venomous snake hand grenades around with me, several different types, just in case a venomous snake breaks into my house intent on murder

Judging by the knives, spanners, golf clubs and baseball bats your countrymen keep at their bedsides I'd say they, too, deserve a dose of your oh-so-biting humour.

Hey, don't compare me to this lot, or them to each other, or some of them to men. Generalisation of a nation is dodgy territory.

How stupid must you be to fall for this?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3352960/Girl-beds-woman-for-8-years-by-acting-as-a-man.html

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2011, 9:25 PM GMT

I'll admit that I'd feel slightly less safe in the UK than in the U.S. but that's mostly because I've found myself in potentially violent situations the 3 times I've visited the UK and haven't experienced anything like that here in the last 25 years.

Huh? That must either be bad luck or something to do with you; I can't say I've found myself in a potentially viloent situation since I was at school.

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2011, 9:36 PM GMT

No, some of your countrymen can't hold their booze. ;)

Unlike over there, of course!

Quote: DaButt @ January 15 2011, 12:57 AM GMT

Judging by the knives, spanners, golf clubs and baseball bats your countrymen keep at their bedsides I'd say they, too, deserve a dose of your oh-so-biting humour.

I should mention that I was joking about the golf club! I hate golf. If I ever find someone has broken in, I'll just think back to that one boxing class I attended aged eleven and unleash the pain.

Quote: DaButt @ January 15 2011, 12:57 AM GMT

I can't imagine what use a golf club would be in a burglar-tackling situation. There'd be no room to get a good swing, unless you asked the intruder to place his head on a tee. Then you'd have to put your plus-fours on and phone your caddy so he could select your 9 iron for you. Too much hassle. I'm starting to see the upside of a shotgun.