British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 306

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2011, 6:24 PM GMT

Fox shoots hunter:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110113/od_nm/us_belarus_fox

Hooray ! :D

Go to Mortimer's instead.

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2011, 6:30 PM GMT

I have no problem with Greggs, I just get a bit sick of seeing Cameron there.

It's so he can show everyone how working class he is. "LOOK, I EAT PASTIES!"

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 14 2011, 6:31 PM GMT

Hooray ! :D

The fox will become a national folk hero!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 14 2011, 6:31 PM GMT

It's so he can show everyone how working class he is. "LOOK, I EAT PASTIES!"

He wants to cut down. His face is getting massive, it's like a satellite dish.

It's his poshness. "Cherrubism" is the bain of the upper classes.

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2011, 6:17 PM GMT

We'd be the laughing stock of the world, Billwill!

Narrow barrel ones actually exist.

http://www.mvdv.ru/expo/2819/prod_1991.htm

Though they are not without problems if used in anger instead of in self-defence. http://www.thenational.ae/news/worldwide/europe/medvedev-orders-curb-on-rubber-bullet-guns

But the big baton launchers used by the army in Northern Ireland would be a bit heavy for DaButt's 82 year old neighbourhood granny to use.

Am I a wimp for having a burglar alarm? I miss out on the joys of zapping the burglar with gun, bat, screw driver, beetroot fork, Allan key, etc.

Quote: keewik @ January 14 2011, 8:27 PM GMT

Am I a wimp for having a burglar alarm? I miss out on the joys of zapping the burglar with gun, bat, screw driver, beetroot fork, Allan key, etc.

I have an alarm. It's just gives me more time to load my pistol. Whistling nnocently

If your burglars didn't have guns they'd run away when the alarm went off Huh?

Quote: keewik @ January 14 2011, 8:53 PM GMT

If your burglars didn't have guns they'd run away when the alarm went off

Nah, everyone know alarms are all bark and no bite. When's the last time anyone paid any attention to a sounding car alarm?

I'm talking about during the night when we're at home. Alarm goes off, our lights go on, burglar flees.
Here's a thought - just supposing you had to come and live here for a year, how would you fel about not being able to have a gun?

Quote: keewik @ January 14 2011, 9:13 PM GMT

I'm talking about during the night when we're at home. Alarm goes off, our lights go on, burglar flees.
Here's a thought - just supposing you had to come and live here for a year, how would you fel about not being able to have a gun?

It would be nice if the burglars always fled, but what if they don't? I'd be fine without a gun (I waited until my kids were grown before I bought one) but I'd certainly rather be in the position of having one and not needing to use it than finding myself face-to-face with violent intruders bent on murder and not having one. It's as simply as that, really.

I'll admit that I'd feel slightly less safe in the UK than in the U.S. but that's mostly because I've found myself in potentially violent situations the 3 times I've visited the UK and haven't experienced anything like that here in the last 25 years.

I've never been in one and I've lived here for about 10,000 days!
You must have a face for trouble. ;)

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 9:33 PM GMT

You must have a face for trouble. ;)

No, some of your countrymen can't hold their booze. ;)