British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,319

Quote: Will Cam @ January 12 2011, 12:33 PM GMT

Will Cam has just checked the calender to see if it is National Count Day.

It is and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 you're a gay!

I win, better luck next year you gay Jew.

Quote: zooo @ January 12 2011, 12:34 PM GMT

Something we said?

Nope - having a morning of having to deal with them (including some old ones I thought I had got rid off who are back with a vengence Pirate

Quote: sootyj @ January 12 2011, 12:38 PM GMT

It is and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 you're a gay!

I win, better luck next year you gay Jew.

I shouldn't encourage you but Laughing out loud

I am so sure Will Cam is actually David Cameron!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 12 2011, 12:29 PM GMT

Erm I'm not entirely sure. But I put the opening chapter in Critique, and it was called 'block'. It was going to be about a struggling writer but I had only written the first bit. Had no idea where the story was going to go. Probably won't bother with it now.

I really like it. I think you're a fantastic writer, you should definitely do more with that.

I wrote a thing as well which has sort of dried up. The original idea was to use a self help book to try and turn my life around (very much needs doing) and to document my attempts in a funny (hopefully) but honest kind of way.

Could stick it in critque. It's quite long though. Hmm Errr

Quote: sootyj @ January 12 2011, 12:50 PM GMT

I am so sure Will Cam is actually David Cameron!

Hmmmmm... close, but no cigar.

Quote: JoLaw @ January 12 2011, 1:22 PM GMT

I wrote a thing as well which has sort of dried up. The original idea was to use a self help book to try and turn my life around (very much needs doing) and to document my attempts in a funny (hopefully) but honest kind of way.

Could stick it in critque. It's quite long though. Hmm Errr

I like the sound of that. A bit Dave Gorman or Dally Wallaceish.

Yes, I like that idea too.
I remember someone wrote a blog/book where she did every single thing Oprah told people to do on her show for a year (or something).
Quite funny!

Yeah you could always do it blog form, that's a good idea.

That's brave, or stupid. Are the two mutually exclusive? (the Oprah thing, not the blog)

I was reading a self help book by Dr Phil (I love him and I'm not ashamed) and the first few chapters are pretty much just "I know Oprah!" which is really bloody annoying.

In sorting through some old email I found an email I'd sent to colleagues where I talked about a drug I had been recommended for my epilepsy. It's so barmy I thought I'd repost here...

--------

Some of you may know that I have a mild form of epilepsy called petit mal. My mother called last night to say she's heard of this new drug that may be able to stop the 'blackouts' that I've been having for last 14 years.

It's called Keppra and looking at the side effects I think I'm happy the way I am!

- sleepiness or feeling tired
- weakness
- difficulty coordinating muscles normally, (e.g., abnormal walk)
- aggression, anger, and irritability
- agitation, anxiety, and other mood changes
- decreased ability to cope with daily life events
- feeling depressed or worsening depression
- thoughts of suicide

Local news is great. A man was crushed by a tree whilst tree felling. Apparently "A health and safety executive is investigating." To concur what?

I'm gonna go out on a limb (no pun intended) and say 'standing underneath a falling tree probably isn't safe'.

I'd be awesome at that job.

Quote: JoLaw @ January 12 2011, 1:56 PM GMT

Local news is great. A man was crushed by a tree whilst tree felling. Apparently "A health and safety executive is investigating." To concur what?

I'm gonna go out on a limb (no pun intended) and say 'standing underneath a falling tree probably isn't safe'.

I'd be awesome at that job.

It's a bit like when that policeman was drowned whilst directing people away from the river bridge that he was standing on as it was in danger of collapsing. And strangely enough...

I started to read this thread through and then realised just how many pages there are and, well, I gave up.

What's the general theme? I do enjoy a good status update on Facebook (and I don't mean 'Donna is making a cup of tea and then going shopping'), is it that kind of thing?

Yep. It's exactly that type of thing.

Ellie is leaving work now and is away on holiday till Monday. Be good you lot!

Donna is proud that her three year old daughter is sporting her first shoe related blister.