British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 615

Maybe the sharks just moved forwards reeeeeeeaaallly slowly so the passengers could embark or, indeed, alight?

Quote: Rob H @ January 3 2011, 10:42 PM GMT

Maybe the sharks just moved forwards reeeeeeeaaallly slowly so the passengers could embark or, indeed, alight?

Can you imagine the Risk Assesment on that? Talk sense, H!

Quote: chipolata @ January 3 2011, 10:44 PM GMT

Can you imagine the Risk Assesment on that? Talk sense, H!

I assumed they were wearing muzzles. And leads. Or at least some form of harness-style equipment. Wouldn't make sense else.

Quote: chipolata @ January 3 2011, 10:26 PM GMT

Sharks must keep moving forward or die, so I'd be interested to know how passengers got on and off the sleigh.

Not true of the little shark called dogfish, so I doubt that it is true of the big ones either.

Sharks can lie still if there is sufficient flow of water; presumably it also works in a stiff breeze.

They certainly can't go backwards, so reversing the sleigh is impossible.

Errr

Quote: chipolata @ January 3 2011, 11:11 PM GMT

They certainly can't go backwards, so reversing the sleigh is impossible.

And attempting a loop-the-loop would be inadvisable, as when turned upside down sharks go unconscious.

It's not a water born earth shark.

It's an airborne shark that metabolises oxygen from the electfified cloud layer. One suspects this process doesn't require continual forward motion.

Does no one pay attention to TV these days?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 3 2011, 6:58 PM GMT

You thought it was pretty but lousy?

Noooo. I had some issues with the ep but I enjoyed it. But it did look really good and I think that's important with an ep like this one. If you are going to take on a Christmas Carol - you have to be brave I reckon.

Quote: Marc P @ January 4 2011, 9:42 AM GMT

Noooo. I had some issues with the ep but I enjoyed it. But it did look really good and I think that's important with an ep like this one. If you are going to take on a Christmas Carol - you have to be brave I reckon.

The 1984 version of A Christmas Carol starring George C Scott, Frank Finlay, Susannah York and Edward Woodward was filmed in my home town of Shrewsbury.

Quote: chipolata @ January 4 2011, 9:45 AM GMT

The 1984 version of A Christmas Carol starring George C Scott, Frank Finlay, Susannah York and Edward Woodward was filmed in my home town of Shrewsbury.

Chip I keep telling you it is pronounced Shrewsbury!

Quote: Marc P @ January 4 2011, 9:55 AM GMT

Chip I keep telling you it is pronounced Shrewsbury!

:D

I watched Blink last night and I was terrified. I couldn't even go to sleep. :(

How the hell is that family viewing?!

Quote: EllieJP @ January 4 2011, 10:10 AM GMT

I watched Blink last night and I was terrified. I couldn't even go to sleep. :(

How the hell is that family viewing?!

Get up to Highgate Cemetery and spend the night there tonight - and you'll be fine again. It's just like getting back on a horse.

:)