British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 276

Aung Sung Kyi is free yipee!

Quote: bushbaby @ November 12 2010, 6:40 PM GMT

Our troops should be at the cost of the EU, we're taking all the brunt of the cost to protect Europe. All the EU members should be paying not just the Brits, we'd be a lot better off but of course the aristocracy still think we're an empire....yeah, right

That's why we're getting a joint division with France.....yay!

N.B. why with the same expenditure on expense as us is their military so much better equipped?

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 12 2010, 2:04 PM GMT

I buy a poppy every year. I don't buy it to support them in Iraq and Afghanistan. The reason for that is because they've volunteered to go there and they shouldn't be there,

So it's OK for them to have arms and legs blown off because it's their own fault for being there!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 12 2010, 2:44 PM GMT

I'd have sent a Challenger tank in to squash them and their disgustingly disloyal rant. They are supposed to be British citizens! There is nothing remotely British about them! They are our sworn enemies who hate us even though we have given them a place to live in a free and safe (it was before they came along) country! Sickening! Kick them out!!! And sod what the EU thinks!

If they hate this country and what it stands for why the f**k do they want to live here?

Quote: Leevil @ November 12 2010, 3:00 PM GMT

Could I be wrong in thinking some soldiers sign up, not with the main intention of fighting in a war, but to learn trades, skills and to straighten themselves up?

That used to be the case probably when we had no wars like between the mid-60s and the early 90s. The Falklands was a one off over in weeks.

Quote: DaButt @ November 12 2010, 5:12 PM GMT

Some states will also allow vets to attend state universities at no cost.

What - after they've operated on my dog? I'd rather he'd been to Uni forst.

Soldiers don't choose the wars they fight. They choose to wear the uniform and serve the government in combat.

It is entirely wrong to expect them to refuse to serve or make moral judgements on the wars they fight in. That's the responsibility of the governemnt. And we are responsible for their actions....

When Al Quaeda lash out at Western citizens and blame them for the Iraq war etc. They have something of a point..

Quote: sootyj @ November 13 2010, 4:12 PM GMT

When Al Quaeda lash out at Western citizens and blame them for the Iraq war etc. They have something of a point..

Let's not forget that al Qaeda were attacking western citizens more than a decade before the Iraq war began.

True more a case of being right after the fact and by accident. More reflexive of western values then theirs.

Quote: Chappers @ November 13 2010, 3:54 PM GMT

If they hate this country and what it stands for why the f**k do they want to live here?

The irony is that the sort of regime they approve of would never allow them to hold such a protest.

I saw the photos at most there were 2 dozen bellends who love the sound of their own voices and embarassing other Muslims.

I'd arrest them for littering and making an illegal fire, fine em a few hundred quid and give them community service.

I'm far more cross with the Sun for making it a front page story.

Fully agree.

These people are canaries for our freedom of speech

Quote: sootyj @ November 14 2010, 11:07 AM GMT

These people are canaries for our freedom of speech

So when the atmosphere gets a little foul they'll drop dead? Cool.

When they start disapearing or being silenced our freedoms are in danger.

They truly are a contemptible bunch. But useful inspite of themselves.

Like the pigs that make our bacon.

Were they useful on 7/7? I'd much rather see them dead, myself.

Rather amusing listening to Frank Gardner banging on about how the Chandlers are probably totally f**ked up from their Somali pirate ordeal, only to get a "meh" and a shrug when the couple are finally interviewed.

Terrorism isn't the only threat.

The first thing any opressive government does is declare a state of emergency.

The second is fail to lift it.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 14 2010, 1:12 PM GMT

Rather amusing listening to Frank Gardner banging on about how the Chandlers are probably totally f**ked up from their Somali pirate ordeal.

I read that as Chandeliers!

F**k off Adams and go where you should have forty years ago.