British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 274

A deliberate provocative act best ignored.]

Starve them of their publicity

What Sooty says.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I think as offensive as this protest is we need to see where the anger is coming from.

100,000s dead, countries broken up and conquered.

And no apology. No links between Al Quaeda in Iraq, no WMDs and British soldiers marching through fields of poppies.

An apology might save some lives.

The appearance of legitimacy and fairness is the most potent weapon in any Western governments arsenal.

I am also utterly sickened by western leaders turning soldiers coffins and hospital beds into lecterns to preach from.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 12 2010, 2:04 PM GMT

I think it's terrible that people burnt poppies yesterday.

Agreed.

People have forgotten the meaning of Remembrance Day. It's not even all about the soldiers, but the civillians who also lost their lives during the wars.

Well the adverts don't mention them very much, the Poppy is becoming something of a propagandist tool.

Some where white poppies to show sympathy for all the dead.

Quote: sootyj @ November 12 2010, 2:08 PM GMT

A deliberate provocative act best ignored.

Starve them of their publicity

Exactly. A few pathetic idiots, not even worth talking about.

Quote: sootyj @ November 12 2010, 2:33 PM GMT

Well the adverts don't mention them very much, the Poppy is becoming something of a propagandist tool.

Some where white poppies to show sympathy for all the dead.

Like I say, I wear mine as a tribute for those who fought in the First and Second World War, not those who fought in the Falklands, or Iraq or Afghanistan (I think I've spelt the latter correctly).

I have sympathy and respect for all the soldiers who choose to fight for the UK. It is our duty to hold their political leaders to account.

I'd have sent a Challenger tank in to squash them and their disgustingly disloyal rant. They are supposed to be British citizens! There is nothing remotely British about them! They are our sworn enemies who hate us even though we have given them a place to live in a free and safe (it was before they came along) country! Sickening! Kick them out!!! And sod what the EU thinks!

Don't start being mental again, Kippers.

Could I be wrong in thinking some soldiers sign up, not with the main intention of fighting in a war, but to learn trades, skills and to straighten themselves up?

Quote: zooo @ November 12 2010, 2:58 PM GMT

Don't start being mental again, Kippers.

Aye, I was unaware Aaron's Grandad had joined the forum.

Quote: Leevil @ November 12 2010, 3:00 PM GMT

Could I be wrong in thinking some soldiers sign up, not with the main intention of fighting in a war, but to learn trades, skills and to straighten themselves up?

T'is true.

I'm just waiting for the phrase "banana boats" to come up.