British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011

Hello all.

Thanks for your patience.

We're very happy to declare The Sitcom Mission 2011 well and truly open.

Get scribbling!

Happy November to all of you. And huge thanks to Mark for redesigning the web pages and making it all possible.

Cheers,

Declan and Simon
Every 1's A Critic Ltd

Is a 15 minute stage script roughly the same page length as a 15 minute screenplay? I.e - about 13-15 pages of double-spaced arial 12pt, with one page equalling about one minute of action.

(Of course all scripts should be read out loud and timed, but in planning to write I usually need to have a good idea of how many pages the script should run to)

Are there any sample Sitcom Mission scripts available anywhere?

Why do you launch this in NaNoWriMo month?

Mr Ashdown: Yes, about 15 pages but best to read it out loud first. And we'll ask around and see if we can come up with one, if not I'll put an old one of mine up. Ha, then you'll laugh!

And Chappers, we're launching now, the closing date is Feb 14th. Plenty of time to write that novel as well!

My last entry was 2400 words and was approx 15 mins but as I did it as a TV format [centre page] this made the page length about 23.
I did time it...i.e....acted it out in the lounge, timing the 'lights fade' 'lights up' etc

Quote: bushbaby @ November 5 2010, 8:51 AM GMT

My last entry was 2400 words and was approx 15 mins but as I did it as a TV format (centre page) this made the page length about 23.
I did time it...i.e....acted it out in the lounge, timing the 'lights fade' 'lights up' etc

But did you do it properly using the dimmer switch?

Quote: Marc P @ November 5 2010, 9:03 AM GMT

But did you do it properly using the dimmer switch?

hahahaha nothing so posh

Yay! I've been waiting to hear this for ages! :D

Declan do you send an acknowledgment email as a response to an entry?

Hi BB

I think the acknowledgement comes with the first time you email entry@sitcommission.com.

Although I could be wrong, because I just tested it and it sent me an acknowledgement, and I tested it about a million times last year.

So hopefully you'll get an acknowledgement.

But you have got three and a half months to work on your script!

Cheers, Declan

I know, but I have sent an entry and not received an email.
Some time ago I couldn't email any of my scripts to myself [for filing].
I contacted Yahoo and they gave me a different server and it corrected it. I wonder if this is happening again.

When did you send it? Nothing's come through so far.

3rd Nov. I've just sent it again using a different email address.
It may be the title causing 'offence' although it's not a rude/filthy word, I have had to put an asterisk in it

Got your resend. Did you get an acknowledgement?

No yet