British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 263

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 9:25 PM GMT

I don't think I ever said pay for, did I?

You said "support". When you're talking about the government, that means "pay for".

You don't have to leave me alone, I can just ignore you :D

Can you? I doubt it ;)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 9:27 PM GMT

You said "support". When you're talking about the government, that means "pay for".

Then I shall rethink my use of the word 'support' for future discussions!

Can you? I doubt it ;)

Easily. You're smelly anyway and have a stupid face
:P

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 9:29 PM GMT

Easily. You're smelly anyway and have a stupid face

Finally! A sensible argument.

Did someone say something? What's that smell?? It smells like Darlington. Eeeewww.

Faith school routinely out perform other stte funded schools its not debatable

Maybe believing in things that bring people together is a good thing?

Aetheism has no alternative narrative

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2010, 9:32 PM GMT

Faith school routinely out perform other stte funded schools its not debatable

By what measure?

Maybe believing in things that bring people together is a good thing?

Good point. In fact, I was just having the same discussion with my Northern Irish friends the other day and they completely agree with you.

My Israeli friends are of a similar view.

Aetheism has no alternative narrative

Does. Called "reality".

Faith schools I have a problem with because they directly exclude anyone who isn't of that religion. That shouldn't be encouraged. If they want to exist, they should be funded by the religion, rather than the state.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 8:40 PM GMT

That's a little flawed though, as we in the UK don't see anything of the campaigns. Just TV appearances, speeches, news reports and interviews etc.

You see exactly what the media wants you to see and the media, as a whole, leans to the left. So when the BBC covers a tea party rally they'll seek out the craziest kook with the most offensive sign and leave it to you to infer that they are all racists and ultra-religious idiots. Fox News does the same thing except for the other side of the aisle.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 9:37 PM GMT

Faith schools I have a problem with because they directly exclude anyone who isn't of that religion. That shouldn't be encouraged. If they want to exist, they should be funded by the religion, rather than the state.

Yay! You've refined your opinion based on me going off on one! I've done my good deed for the day.

Nice one :D

Now, how do you feel about the Lords Spiritual...?

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2010, 8:41 PM GMT

And I still don't believe any solvent company can write off 50 grand.

Then you're wrong. My best friend's wife works in the collections department of a small hospital and writes off hundreds of thousands of dollars every day.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 9:40 PM GMT

Yay! You've refined your opinion based on me going off on one! I've done my good deed for the day.

Nice one :D

Now, how do you feel about the Lords Spiritual...?

Wait what? My views and opinions haven't changed at all. Maybe my use of the word 'support', but that's just symantics.

Also, I don't see the point of the Lords Spiritual. They're not supposed to be voting members (apart from they did 100 years ago), so can only there to influence the outcome of the room. Not that I approve of the HoL anyway.

Ofsted ratings and exam results. Would you prefer casting runes?

You have Israeli friends? Don't be ignorant. Religion does way more good than harm. And frankly Ireland would be knocking its heads together if it was aetheists and agnostics.

The desperate need to blame religion for all the worlds ills is purile

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 9:40 PM GMT

Then you're wrong. My best friend's wife works in the collections department of a small hospital and writes off hundreds of thousands of dollars every day.

So why does anyone have insurance? Do you get a blow job when you renew?

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2010, 9:41 PM GMT

Religion does way more good than harm.

The desperate need to blame religion for all the worlds ills is purile

Idiocy is to blame for most of the world's ills.

Religion is institutionalized idiocy.

I'd love to hear what good you think religion does.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 8:44 PM GMT

Have you had letter from your insurer to say they are going up? What makes you think the quality will suffer?

My insurance premium went up 100% 2 months ago. Our CEO is very concerned about the future of our employee-provided health insurance and has been very frank in telling us that the good old days are just about over. The insurance companies are going to jack the prices up until companies are unable to pay for them and then the government will step in with some sort of plan to "save the day." And then they'll have control over one more aspect of my life. Angry

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 9:41 PM GMT

Wait what? My views and opinions haven't changed at all. Maybe my use of the word 'support', but that's just symantics.

So what did you mean by "support"?