British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 261

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 8:32 PM GMT

I read somewhere that the average US household has to pay on average an extra $1000 a year to subsidise people who don't have insurance.

I guarantee you that I'll be paying much more than that when the reform bill takes effect and my quality of care will suffer. (That's why people are opposed to the current plan.)

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:13 PM GMT

It has never been compulsory. Millions of young, healthy people choose not to pay for insurance and are willing to take the risk of being saddled with huge bills if they need care, even though insurance is available to them through their employers. In the future they'll find themselves fined for doing so.

No matter how ever many times you roll out this dreadful nonargument it still manages to offend me.

And I still don't believe any solvent company can write off 50 grand.

The US payss more than any other developed country for health care. Matched to some of the worst results

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:41 PM GMT

I guarantee you that I'll be paying much more than that when the reform bill takes effect and my quality of care will suffer. (That's why people are opposed to the current plan.)

Maybe it'll stop you flying about the place every five minutes! You're killing the planet Dabutt!

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

I don't know about the hook and sinker but you've certainly swallowed the party line.

What party line?

I lived in the US throughout almost his entire presidency. I watched his press conferences, unedited. I saw him interviewed. I watched his debates, unedited.

I'm making a judgement based entirely on spending seven years observing a man untterly unable able to articulate a cogent argument.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 8:43 PM GMT

I lived in the US throughout almost his entire presidency. I watched his press conferences, unedited. I saw him interviewed. I watched his debates, unedited.

Sounds like you had a wild time over there.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:41 PM GMT

Well hopefully the proposed fees committee will be able to put a stop to increases like that. I'd hope so. It's not fair when you are forced to pay inflated premiums for essential things.

Have you had letter from your insurer to say they are going up? What makes you think the quality will suffer?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 3 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

He did look and sound dumb though, which is not what you want from the person leading your country.

I have a feeling the less-than-stellar performances were shown to you much more frequently than the ones which would have made him look good.

Isn't Palin the one behind that odd 'Tea Party' thing you have going on over there?

No, it's essentially a movement against excessive spending and bureaucracy by elected officials and that includes Republicans. What's "odd" about wanting a government to spend no more than it takes in?

British public schools have honourably educating wealthy morons for centuries

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 8:43 PM GMT

I'm making a judgement based entirely on spending seven years observing a man untterly unable able to articulate a cogent argument.

Pure bullshit, I'm afraid.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:44 PM GMT

No, it's essentially a movement against excessive spending and bureaucracy by elected officials and that includes Republicans. What's "odd" about wanting a government to spend no more than it takes in?

A grass root movement started by billionaires

I like that witch who's against masturbation. Hope she did well.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:44 PM GMT

I think it looks a bit Stepford Wives, or has done when presented over here. It's been reported as an odd thing, anyway, a slightly scary religous thingy.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:45 PM GMT

Did you watch the Bush-Kerry debates?

But isn't the Tea Party the US equivalent of our Monster Raving Loony party? No? Oh.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 8:45 PM GMT

Do direct us to one of his many erudite and brilliant speaches on YouTube there are many

And don't call Palin special needs, she has a sharp wit and a nice arse