British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 257

What is happening to this lovely-free-love world of ours? Teary

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 5:02 PM GMT

Doesn't mean much. Half the population is scrunched up in that little blue spec in the top right.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:13 PM GMT

Lovely sight, isn't it?

Looks like a whale with a bad rash.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 5:15 PM GMT

Half the population is scrunched up in that little blue spec in the top right.

Not even close.

Lovely sight, isn't it?

Your country is f**ked every way possible. It's made up of two opposing groups who despise each other and will do everything in their power to f**k over the other. It's a war of attrition that neither side will ever win.

Thank God I live in England. :)

Lovely sight, isn't it?

That's not EXACTLY what I was thinking..

Who's the Republican presidential candidate for next term?

Quote: chipolata @ November 3 2010, 5:36 PM GMT

Thank God I live in England. :)

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE. Are there any countires worth me moving to? What's Holland's political climate like?

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:30 PM GMT

Not even close.

Probably not literally half the population, but a far bigger portion of congressional seats and electoral college votes than its small surface area would suggest.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 5:37 PM GMT

Who's the Republican presidential candidate for next term?

The election is 2 years away.

It's Tea Party Queen, Palin. Which admittedly will make for a f**king hilarious presidency.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 5:37 PM GMT

Probably not literally half the population, but a far bigger portion of congressional seats and electoral college votes than its small surface area would suggest.

California and Texas dwarf New York in population and soon Florida will surpass it as well. New York and California are actually shrinking population-wise.

Quote: chipolata @ November 3 2010, 5:40 PM GMT

It's Tea Party Queen, Palin. Which admittedly will make for a f**king hilarious presidency.

Doubtful. But I'm getting plenty of (painful) laughs from the current joke of a presidency.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:38 PM GMT

The election is 2 years away.

Oh right sorry, I just thought they started compaigning a couple of years in advance. Is there a vote for party candidate first? I have to admit my ignorance when it comes to the US electoral system.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:43 PM GMT

Doubtful. But I'm getting plenty of (painful) laughs from the current joke of a presidency.

Doesn't it ever worry you how polarised the people who lead your country are? Or are you so consumed with hatred for the Democrats that you just want to f**k them over so the Republicans can get back in? And before you say you never wanted Obama to fail, you've been itching for him to fail from day one. Just like everybody on the right.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:43 PM GMT

. But I'm getting plenty of (painful) laughs from the current joke of a presidency.

There must be something we brits are missing here, what has Obama done wrong so far?

And don't say the public health service, because that's clearly sensible.

I understand he did do some wavering and backtracking on some of his key pre-election issues like Guantanamo, but hey, who doesn't?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 5:45 PM GMT

Oh right sorry, I just thought they started compaigning a couple of years in advance. Is there a vote for party candidate first? I have to admit my ignorance when it comes to the US electoral system.

They'll start campaigning next year. As of now I don't think anyone has officially declared him/herself a candidate.

States will hold primary elections in the first half of 2012 and when it's over the crowd will be thinned and the parties' conventions will nominate the victors and then the final election will be held in November of 2012.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:52 PM GMT

They'll start campaigning next year. As of now I don't think anyone has officially declared him/herself a candidate.

States will hold primary elections in the first half of 2012 and when it's over the crowd will be thinned and the parties' conventions will nominate the victors and then the final election will be held in November of 2012.

That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks, DaButt!