British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 250

:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 25 2010, 11:44 AM BST

Nurse switched off patient's life support by mistake (The Guardian)
Nurse spaz man tape shock (The Sun)
Ventilator nurse looks a bit foreign (The Daily Mail)

Laughing out loud

Certainly doesn't help that Nurses Agencies are becoming unregulated. Just the NMC.

Quote: zooo @ October 25 2010, 10:47 AM BST

Ezzackly.

Clueless twats don't deserve too much sympathy

I agree. When gross incompetence leads to the same bad end as deliberate malevolence, it must be taken very seriously.

Russia sounds like a nice place to visit.

http://rt.com/Top_News/2009-08-07/child-falls-floor-video.html

A three-year-old child has died after falling from an eight storey window. The girl could have been saved were it not for the indifference of adults who, instead of helping, filmed the scene on their mobile phones.

Meanwhile, leaving people in danger and simply watching and shooting what's going on, has become an alarming trend.

In May, controversy over footage of a traffic accident shot with a mobile phone camera was brewing on Russian blogs. The author of the video preferred filming people burning alive instead of using the phone to make an emergency call.

In April of last year, a six-year-old boy fell down from a Ferris wheel in a small Siberian town of Berdsk. Again, whilst the child was struggling for his life a crowd of passers-by was watching and recording the scene on their cell phones to post it later on the internet.

In July this year, two Ukrainian female students from different universities in Kiev dissected a dog in a kitchen and posted shocking pictures and video on the Internet.

So sad :(

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 25 2010, 1:51 PM BST

Russia sounds like a nice place to visit.

http://rt.com/Top_News/2009-08-07/child-falls-floor-video.html

The way things are right now that's just typical. Really annoys me. People are letting life go past watching it through a screen - no one experiences anything anymore.

Quote: EllieJP @ October 25 2010, 2:06 PM BST

The way things are right now that's just typical. Really annoys me. People are letting life go past watching it through a screen - no one experiences anything anymore.

:O

I obviously wasn't talking about the girl dying being "an experience" but people should have realised it's REAL life and not something they're watching on TV.

That is an odd way for a society to have become. (P.S. that sentence makes no sense)

I wonder if the same might have happened in other countries too though, on a bad day. Rather than it being particular to Russia and the Ukraine. (Which by the way aren't the same country.)

The Kitty Genovese factor has always been with us

Quote: sootyj @ October 25 2010, 2:43 PM BST

The Kitty Genovese factor has always been with us

*Puts on weird inkblot mask*

"I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains."

:)

Fun fact story was actually told originally by the clown Grok

A master of Dadaist performance comedy

Hahaha!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/ipswich-tattooist-charged-over-40cm-penis-tattoo-on-mans-back/story-e6frf7l6-1225943643584

I wanted to see a picture though!