British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 112

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 22 2010, 2:02 PM BST

What are you reading right now?

Sadly I am reading posts on this goddamn website again. It's like a scab you just can't leave alone.. and then the pus.. mmm.. and regret..

Scabs, you say? Pus and regret? Sounds like a regular night at Chez Lucas.

The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. It's quite good so far!

I am reading my husbands mind & it aint pretty.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 26 2010, 8:52 PM BST

The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. It's quite good so far!

It was really good! Now on to "Mary Barton", which I am less encouraged by.

The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry

The new John le Carre he's aces

I read 240 pages of "Mary Barton" today. Only 34 left!

I'm doing some editing for a friend who is trying to get a romance novel published. *sigh*

Many heaving bossoms?

Can't have enough heaving bossoms.

Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol.

I know, I know but I like Dan Brown.

I am reading Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger, Colin Powell: American Power and Intervention from Vietnam to Iraq by Christopher O'Sullivan and Warrior King by Lt Co. (ret.) Nathan Sassaman.

Preparing for the Foreign Service Officer test next Tuesday.

The Maids Tragedy by Beaumont and Fletcher for my Jacobean theatre course. This is some weird play.

Paul McCartney - Many Years From Now by Barry Miles. Not a particularly brilliantly written Beatles biography; in fact, many of the author's waffling sentences could be deleted to improve the narrative flow. But it is by far the most insightful book on the meanings of the Lennon-McCartney songs (as well as "who wrote what") because of the informative quotations from McCartney (taken from "hundreds of exclusive interviews") on almost every page.

Just noticed this is out, so I'm going to pop out and buy right . . . NOW. In a bit. But today, for sure.

Just about to start "The Duchess of Malfi", having just finished "Save Me the Waltz".