British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,238

Quote: chipolata @ October 5 2010, 8:37 AM BST

:O

Yeah!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 3 2010, 10:18 PM BST

Howard Marks on Current TV doing a show about illegal drugs in the UK. He's great.

Angry No Nat. Marks is a scumbag. How many of the 1000s of deals he was responsible for resulted in users going on to harder drugs or suffering paranoia. How manty parents had their lives destroyed when their son or daughter got mixed up in drugs due to people like Marks. Marks has never shown an ounce of remorse for his actions. There was an article on him in the Times last week which stated he was on currently on parole. He also stated he was still using cannabis. Surely this must put him in breach of his parole? put the scumbag back in Scumbag Towers.

Rant over

Relax

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 5 2010, 7:40 AM BST

Yeah. Because criminals/drug dealers are really cool, aren't they?

Not the majority of them certainly, but Howard Marks is a very charasmatic and interesting man. I try not to immediately judge someone as a person based on government imposed poroabition laws.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 5 2010, 9:12 AM BST

Not the majority of them certainly, but Howard Marks is a very charasmatic and interesting man. I try not to immediately judge someone as a person based on government imposed poroabition laws.

Nah. Glorification of crime/criminals is a total bore. That goes for Marks, the Krays, Buster f**king Edwards. Etc.

Hey you live by your standards, I'll live by mine. To be fair though Marks and the Krays aren't really in the same ballpart, seeing as the Krays tortured, murdered and extorted hundreds of people. Marks just smuggled weed.

Of course he's not in the same ballpark. Glorification of crime is a pet hate of mine. I hate that almost as much as fake breasts.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 5 2010, 9:21 AM BST

Hey you live by your standards, I'll live by mine. To be fair though Marks and the Krays aren't really in the same ballpart, seeing as the Krays tortured, murdered and extorted hundreds of people. Marks just smuggled weed.

Nat, you are a young slip of a thing. I'll diarise a follow up post for 20 years hence when people you know have had their lives destroyed by drugs.

It all depends on what your perception of the crimes are though, I suppose. I don't think I've made it a secret that I'm against proabition and don't believe that many of the UK drugs laws are overbearing and unfounded. Because I don't value those particular laws, I don't view people who commit drug crimes as I do others.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 5 2010, 9:24 AM BST

Of course he's not in the same ballpark. Glorification of crime is a pet hate of mine. I hate that almost as much as fake breasts.

Hey John, I'm right with you (although I don't really mind fake breasts-unless they are on a dog). If ever I'm on a Jury I hope you are sat alongside me.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 5 2010, 9:28 AM BST

Hey John, I'm right with you (although I don't really mind fake breasts-unless they are on a dog). If ever I'm on a Jury I hope you are sat alongside me.

You can help me to the toilet at the interval.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 5 2010, 9:26 AM BST

Nat, you are a young slip of a thing. I'll diarise a follow up post for 20 years hence when people you know have had their lives destroyed by drugs.

For as many posts as you could make about someone whose life has been destroyed by drugs, you could write an equal ammount of people who have had similar destruction due to alcohol and tobacco. It's quite openly accepted by many leading scientits (the now imfamous Professor Knutt included), that a LOT of the drug problems are caused by the illegality of drugs and not the drugs themselves. Using Portugal as an example, when they scrapped proabition they saw the an increase of people receiving health care for drug missuse rise from 27k to over 32k without incidences of drug use increasing, and cases of drug related HIV fall from 900 to 200. It alse saw organised drug crime and violence fall dramatically. But this isn't an economics lesson, haha! The info is there is anyone wants to look it up!

I like the sound of these scientits.

Anyway, this isn't the place for this discussion, lets leave it :)

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 5 2010, 9:48 AM BST

Anyway, this isn't the place for this discussion, lets leave it :)

:D Agreed

I saw a program about Jack the Ripper the other day - he's great Whistling nnocently

Rolling eyes