British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 195

You go, I'm busy being a NICE PERSON.

Quote: zooo @ August 4 2010, 1:33 PM BST

A dog bit someone's toe while they were in bed? :O

Kill all dogs immediately! Start up dog hunting in cities! Wipe out these vermin!

(Do you see where I'm going here?)

Unfortunatley dog's have always had a better press than cats and other animals. People don't even get too bent out of shape when mad pitbulls kill toddlers (although I admit that is quite funny).

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2010, 1:36 PM BST

Yes, and you're completely missing the mark.

Now let's go fox hunting.

You haven't got the money for it, Aaron. You've the sense of entitlement but nothing to back it up with.

Cats are the best. Fact.

Quote: chipolata @ August 4 2010, 1:38 PM BST

You haven't got the money for it, Aaron.

Sadly true.

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2010, 1:38 PM BST

Cats are the best. Fact.

Sadly they don't get as good a press as dogs, though.

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2010, 1:39 PM BST

Cats are the best. Fact.

Well, duh. :)

Quote: chipolata @ August 4 2010, 1:39 PM BST

Sadly they don't get as good a press as dogs, though.

Do they get much of a negative press though?

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2010, 1:39 PM BST

Cats are the best. Fact.

Better than people, in fact.

One of my cats fell into the toilet this morning.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 4 2010, 1:42 PM BST

One of my cats fell into the toilet this morning.

Don't tell me, the cat was in your top pocket, you leant over and...

Awww. Did he/she look quite startled? (Was it clean? Sick)

Starting to see a downside to the free school idea: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10864748

Was it drinking out of the toilet? :/

She was fine.

It was a clean toilet- don't worry ! I had opened the bathroom door, she dashed in under my feet and decided that be best way onto the unit was via the open toilet (the lid is broken). So she slipped in, freaked out, and swiftly left. She only really got one of her legs, which immediately transformed into a skinny chicken leg. She's a very twitchy, shy, little thing anyway so I'm always worried when she gets sad- she was the runt and is still only big-kitten sized dispite being nearly 18 months old !

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Rolling eyes

One of my other cats, Pika, completely fell into a scalding hot bath. That wasn't so funny at the time :( She was okay, but she was very very frightened and looked ridiculous.

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2010, 12:53 PM BST

a) The dead guy is a moron for stopping in such a way that he was obstructing traffic.
b) The dead guy is a moron for engaging in a fight.

Subsequent stories have reported that the man jumped out of his car at a red light, picked a flower off a tree for his lady and then got back in the vehicle before the light was green, therefore there was no obstruction of traffic.

The assailant then followed them to a parking lot, flashed gang signs and then beat the man to death. He didn't engage in a fight, he was snatched out of his car and assaulted by a man who should have been in prison years ago.