British Comedy Guide

Rev - Series 1 Page 15

When do they decide on a second series? Although I'd be suprised and disappointed if it didn't get one. And looking forward to watching this series again on DVD.

Fantastic, really enjoyed the entire series but what a lovely ending.

Even as an atheist I cheered at the end when he refound his faith.

A brilliant ensemble cast but special mentions to Tom Hollander, who is wonderfully funny without being over-the-top and is able to perform with nuance and plenty of pathos, and Olivia Colman, whose Vicar's wife could've easily been a stereotyped background character.

Some lovely support from Miles Jupp, the lovely headmistress, Colin "Vicarage" and the Archdeacon as well as the bit part players, all in all superb stuff.

Yes, Jupp's been a revelation this year, what with this and his role in The Thick Of It.

Glad I ignored the really dim wit reviews in the papers about how this an urban Vicar of Dibley without the hilarious country folk in support.

Tom Hollander's comi-tragic Rev in crisis was one of the most enjoyable performance I've seen this year, especially with the Larry David type plot about the bogus vicar on the loose, providing some very silly icing to the whole scenario.

Quote: chipolata @ August 3 2010, 2:43 PM BST

When do they decide on a second series? Although I'd be suprised and disappointed if it didn't get one. And looking forward to watching this series again on DVD.

I think the next big round of commissioning comes in mid-September.

This has been really, really good hasn't it? Inspiring in all areas - great writing, great performances, looks fab, really impressive stuff. It just oozes slickness and that can only come from people who genuinely know what they're doing. If Rev doesn't get a second series I'll become a vicar meself.

I missed the last three so I hope iPlayer still has them, about to visit it now. The only grumble I had about it was the 10 pm slot, it always catches me out, and I've noticed it's become a bit of a trend with BBC to air new sitcoms on at this ungodly hour. Surely 8 to 9 is sitcom time!?

I only caught two episodes, but really liked it. Must catch up on iPlayer.

I went to the church on Wednesday. Anyone who thinks it looks run down in the show ... eesh.

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2010, 7:46 PM BST

I went to the church on Wednesday.

Confession again?

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2010, 7:46 PM BST

I went to the church on Wednesday. Anyone who thinks it looks run down in the show ... eesh.

I didn't think it looked run down in the show.

Quote: chipolata @ August 7 2010, 9:51 PM BST

I didn't think it looked run down in the show.

You know Aaron and his high standards. If it's not the Sistine chapel, then it's run down in his books.

Great news about this getting another series. Although I'd say that makes the futures of Roger and Val and Grandma's House slightly more uncertain.

Excellent news.

At least 12 episodes please!