I read the news today oh boy! Page 189

Bastard.

To be fair, he is really good.

Bastard.

Quote: zooo @ July 30 2010, 7:54 PM BST

To be fair, he is really good.

Is he?

Yep!

Okay for any age, but really good for 7.

You have seen the usual state of 7 year olds' art right?

They don't show many of his paintings in that clip but I remember seeing some on Newsround last year and they were better than the ones there.

(Yes, I watch Newsround.)

Yeap, I would agree he is good for a 7 year old. No disagreements there.

But £150,000 ????

Its like a publisher paying a £100k advance for a "What I did on my holidays" essay.

Ha, well no, it's not worth that much money, but that's true about a lot of art.

Quote: bigfella @ July 30 2010, 8:04 PM BST

But £150,000 ????

It wasn't for one painting. I think I read that his works sell for about £1,500.

Quote: bigfella @ July 30 2010, 8:04 PM BST

Yeap, I would agree he is good for a 7 year old. No disagreements there.

But £150,000 ????

Its like a publisher paying a £100k advance for a "What I did on my holidays" essay.

Perhaps it was Glitter and he thought he'd get to f**k the artist (which I believe is traditional)

He was thought to be the oldest man in Tokyo - but when officials went to congratulate Sogen Kato on his 111th birthday, they uncovered mummified skeletal remains lying in his bed.

Mr Kato may have been dead for 30 years according to Japanese authorities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10809128

Bloody Japs.

Quote: bigfella @ July 30 2010, 7:51 PM BST

Where are we all going wrong eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-10820107

These sorts of stories come along regularly, and the role of 'helpful' parents is always at question.

But even if we are generous and assume this 7-year old actually paints like a retired bank manager, then it is wrong to think that these unassuming paintings are remarkable for having been painted by him. It would be remarkable that he had painted them, but the paintings themselves remain unassuming. Dreary work produced by uncertain means.

Social services should check out he isn't being surrounded by loud music and trite dialogue.

That's the way you spot those inivisible, space, nonce monsters.

With this new Sara's laws can any BCG user under 18 or parent check out if any of us are on the sex offenders register?

The MoD responded by saying the government was already carrying out a review into the renewal of Trident to ensure it provides value for money

Exactly how does one do that without lighting the blue touch paper?

:|

Quote: sootyj @ August 1 2010, 7:27 PM BST

With this new Sara's laws can any BCG user under 18 or parent check out if any of us are on the sex offenders register?

I do loathe that thing.

Quote: Griff @ August 1 2010, 7:19 PM BST

Give him a break, he's only seven!

I'd love to give him a break, by stopping him being exploited by his parents.

How about free flambards and mispelled placards for everyone unemployed over 12 months?

But yes it stinks. Driving paedophiles underground and forcing them to only associate with each other? Has DaveyC just seen the A team movie and decided he wants an elite mercenary team of kiddy fiddlers?

And what about violent offenders, burglars, people who make fun of chubby people. I want to know where they all live.