British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 600

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 16 2010, 9:41 AM BST

I seem to recall that being pretty bloody awful.

You recall correctly.

I thought as much.

Speculation that Matt Smith's going to quit after the next series. Hopefully this story is total balls:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3056595/MATT-SMITH-is-ready-to-quit-as-Doctor-Who-to-crack-Hollywood.html

Hm. This is why they need to choose an older man for the next Doctor, who'll be happy to stay for a long time. Not some young actor who is just going to end up using the series as a stepping stone to films, and fame in America.

Quote: chipolata @ July 16 2010, 8:48 AM BST

And that sea thing based on a William Golding novel.

To The Ends Of The Earth. That was a great mini series. Jamie Sives was very good in that too.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 16 2010, 9:41 AM BST

I seem to recall that being pretty bloody awful.

It was no Lab Rats, that's for sure!

Quote: zooo @ July 16 2010, 10:51 AM BST

Hm. This is why they need to choose an older man for the next Doctor, who'll be happy to stay for a long time. Not some young actor who is just going to end up using the series as a stepping stone to films, and fame in America.

An older man like David Tennant, who wasn't really very old, you mean? Whistling nnocently

It's also a tabloid story, and therefore probably bollocks.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 16 2010, 1:02 PM BST

An older man like David Tennant, who wasn't really very old, you mean? Whistling nnocently

It's also a tabloid story, and therefore probably bollocks.

And another excuse to picture him what that young floozy. Probably returning from a 'pop' gig or something.

No a 50/60 year old, who's got no ambition left!

Quote: zooo @ July 16 2010, 1:32 PM BST

That's ageist.

Quote: zooo @ July 16 2010, 1:32 PM BST

Introducing the 12th Doctor:

I just like coming on this thread every now and then just to say that I find Dr Who unwatchable (rubbish stories/special effects, too much loud music et al)

I shall now take my unwanted opinions, roll them up, stick them where the sun don't shine and slink off Whistling nnocently

Quote: Will Cam @ July 16 2010, 2:03 PM BST

I just like coming on this thread every now and then just to say that I find Dr Who unwatchable (rubbish stories/special effects, too much loud music et al)

I shall now take my unwanted opinions, roll them up, stick them where the sun don't shine and slink off Whistling nnocently

Thank you, Will. Please feel free to also insert the following:

Is that one of the state of the art Dr Who monsters my TV licence money has paid for :O

Quote: Will Cam @ July 16 2010, 2:18 PM BST

Is that one of the state of the art Dr Who monsters my TV licence money has paid for :O

Don't give them ideas, Will.