British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 596

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 5 2010, 6:02 PM BST

Nostalgic? I think I was twenty five inches tall when I first watched it.

But you grew.

I'm an old f**k.

I remember thinking how will the world carry on after Uncle Tom fell off a radio telescope.

Tee hee.

Well, I finally saw the last two episodes on iPlayer.

Excellent I thought. And the first time I've watched a complete series since the Tom Baker days.

You can pick holes in any series of Dr Who (with any Dr from Hartnell onwards) if you anal-yse too much, but who cares, it's great fun to have Matt Smith in the Tardis and I am only too happy to be enjoying Dr Who again after all these years!

(name and address witheld)

Your reaction to Dr Who is 'of it's time' (he he) I always thought. That is, if you started watching Who when it was Sylvester McCoy (aghhh!) then you'd prefer him as the Dr (how could anybody?) but even though I am a die-hard 'first four dr's man' I have to say Matt Smith is as good as any of them.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 8 2010, 10:05 AM BST

Your reaction to Dr Who is 'of it's time'

yeah - "My Doctor" was Pertwee... (Although my Mum delights in telling people I wet the bed after seeing Troughton and Yeti's when I was very young!)

I'd heard she says it's Guinness that's culprit now... Whistling nnocently

Filming starts on the Xmas special today. It's got Michael Gambon in it.

It's apparently going to be a bit of a riff on the Christmas Carol story. I'm slightly sick to death of that story, there have been so many versions and takes on it.

It's such an obvious idea for a Who xmas special, I'm surprised they haven't done it already.

Matt Smith shagging Billy Piper would be more interesting, but we've already seen that.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 12 2010, 2:08 PM BST

It's apparently going to be a bit of a riff on the Christmas Carol story. I'm slightly sick to death of that story, there have been so many versions and takes on it.

Humbuggery no doubt.

I haven't been impressed with any of the Xmas specials so far. Although Gambon is great. Especially when he's got cornflakes stuck to his face and gets wanked off by Joanne Whalley.

Tennant's first episode Christmas Special was great, I thought.

Quote: chipolata @ July 12 2010, 2:28 PM BST

I haven't been impressed with any of the Xmas specials so far. Although Gambon is great. Especially when he's got cornflakes stuck to his face and gets wanked off by Joanne Whalley.

Yes, well, I don't think that'll be happening in this, dirty boy.

Quote: zooo @ July 12 2010, 2:29 PM BST

One of the best eps. that.

Quote: zooo @ July 12 2010, 2:29 PM BST

Correct!