British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 589

Quote: Badge @ July 1 2010, 12:40 AM BST

I'm sure you're all delighted to know that I've finally got round to watching "The Big Bang".

Delighted doesn't even begin to describe it....

I enjoyed the final, but got rather confused along the way, but still found it a good watch.

I loved the swiping of little Amy's drink, and the 'something borrowed, something blue' line whilst naff, was a lovely touch.

I even thought Matt looked rather dashing in his top hat and tails, but was quite surprised at Amy wanting to kiss him at her wedding, slag!

I loved the Roman Centurian story, and was welling up when they said he dragged the Pandorica through the streets, but by that stage the Sangorica* was well and truly open.

* my new code name for Sangria

Quote: Nogget @ July 1 2010, 4:48 PM BST

Nitpicking is a good thing, if the alternative is to be infested with lice.

Nitpicking is a bad thing, when you just get a load of people trying to highlight every little thing as a 'fault', especially when half the time they're nothing of the kind.

Sci-fi generally is terrible for this sort of thing though, isn't it? Any sci-fi show with a fan base gets regularly torn apart by its fans. It's a weird thing.

Quote: AngieBaby @ July 1 2010, 7:42 PM BST

I loved the swiping of little Amy's drink, and the 'something borrowed, something blue' line whilst naff, was a lovely touch.

Yes, loved that bit.

but was quite surprised at Amy wanting to kiss him at her wedding, slag!

Quite!

I can overlook a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes, but if there are too many it can ruin my enjoyment. I just want DW to be the best show it can and become frustrated at the slipshod quality of some of the writing.

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2010, 8:05 PM BST

I can overlook a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes, but if there are too many it can ruin my enjoyment. I just want DW to be the best show it can and become frustrated at the slipshod quality of some of the writing.

Like I say, genuine crit is great, its things like the 'convenient the exploding tardis acted like a sun' that get irksome. Yes, it is convenient, and also planned by the writer. That is not a plot hole or inconsistant.

For instance, you could argue that the Doctor saying Rory would go mad guarding the Pandorica for two thousand years, then him turning up exaxctly the same as he always was, is inconsistant. Though arses like myself could always say, 'Ah! But he was an Auton then, a copy, not a real human, who knows how they would react?' I'm just arguing with myself now . . .

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 1 2010, 8:07 PM BST

Like I say, genuine crit is great, its things like the 'convenient the exploding tardis acted like a sun' that get irksome. Yes, it is convenient, and also planned by the writer. That, for instance, is not a plot hole or inconsistant.

I certainly never mentioned that because it didn't bother me.

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2010, 8:12 PM BST

I certainly never mentioned that because it didn't bother me.

I know, I was refering to the post a few above that prompted my nit picking salvo.

I don't think I nitpick.

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2010, 8:05 PM BST

I agree with Chip. Does this get me into the Chip rate-ometer?

I'm the same as Badge.
I don't think, I just nitpick.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 1 2010, 8:47 PM BST

I'm the same as Badge.
I don't think, I just nitpick.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Badge @ July 1 2010, 8:33 PM BST

I agree with Chip. Does this get me into the Chip rate-ometer?

No. Pleased

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2010, 9:00 PM BST

No. Pleased

I agree with Chip again. Does this get me into the Chip rate-ometer?

Quote: Badge @ July 1 2010, 9:01 PM BST

I agree with Chip again. Does this get me into the Chip rate-ometer?

Check this thread in June 2011, when the new scores come out. I can't promise anything, though.

Very fair Chip. Pleased

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2010, 9:04 PM BST

Check this thread in June 2011, when the new scores come out. I can't promise anything, though.

That's good enough for me. *Tries to contain excitement* :|