British Comedy Guide

Best and worst franchises? Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 11:16 PM BST

One of the worst has to be Pirates films. F**k off Jerry Bruckheimer.

Your opinion is void, clearly.

Quote: Leevil @ June 30 2010, 11:14 PM BST

Eh?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 30 2010, 11:11 PM BST

I think I'd do one, two, one, two, then throw the towel in on that franchise.

[subtitles]I like Rocky and Rocky II, but then I'm out.[/subtitles]

I liked the first one, and the second one has a giant octopus! What's not to like?! The third one and maybe most of the second one maybe. Yes, probably.

Still enjoyable though.

Quote: greensville @ June 30 2010, 11:13 PM BST

Alien 3 Special Edition is much better. The first 10 minutes is pretty much all new stuff. I have bought it twice! I loaned it to a friend who obviously thought it was a gift and bought it again. I know it's a flawed film but I really like it. It's Fincher baby!!

Yes I don't think 3 is too bad. And 4's pretty fun too, with a decent script by Joss Whedon. Unfortunately they suffer by following the greatest first and second films outside of The Godfather.

Quote: Aaron @ June 30 2010, 11:23 PM BST

Your opinion is void, clearly.

They're waaaaay too long. Not even Depp can save them.

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 11:26 PM BST

And 4's pretty fun too, with a decent script by Joss Whedon.

Was it!? Shit, he should be ashamed. But looking at his IMDB page, I doubt he is. Only good things he's done was write the screenplay for Toy Story and give us Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I now fear for Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 30 2010, 11:31 PM BST

Was it!? Shit, he should be ashamed. But looking at his IMDB page, I doubt he is. Only good things he's done was write the screenplay for Toy Story and give us Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I now fear for Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers.

There's no need to fear when Mr Buffy's on the case!

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 11:28 PM BST

Yes I don't think 3 is too bad. And 4's pretty fun too, with a decent script by Joss Whedon.

I knew that man was a one trick Pony. Alien 4 is shit.

Usually he gets listed on every new project and they see sense and get someone else.

He didn't write Toy Story. Surely to Christ. I'm quite correct.

John Lasseter (story) &
Pete Docter (story) &
Andrew Stanton (story) and
Joe Ranft (story)

Joss Whedon (screenplay) &
Andrew Stanton (screenplay) &
Joel Cohen (screenplay) and
Alec Sokolow (screenplay)

write the screenplay for Toy Story

Snap. :P

Whedon's a copperbottomed genius! And yes, the Buffy/Angel TV shows are a mighty fine franchise, since I guess we can group them together.

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 11:41 PM BST

Whedon's a copperbottomed genius! And yes, the Buffy/Angel TV shows are a mighty fine franchise, since I guess we can group them together.

You're wrong. But you seem quite happy so God speed.

Quote: Gavin @ June 30 2010, 11:43 PM BST

You're wrong.

Unheard of!

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 30 2010, 11:25 PM BST

(subtitles)I like Rocky and Rocky II, but then I'm out.(/subtitles)

Ah, right!

I quite liked AvsP

Then again I never followed the previous movies so if I caught up I'd probably hate it.

Quote: Paul W @ July 1 2010, 9:09 AM BST

Then again I never followed the previous movies so if I caught up I'd probably hate it.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Like the people who wrote and filmed it.

The first one was okay, though Orlando Bloom is, as usual, cack; I had to turn off the DVD half way through the second one it was so dull.

I quite liked Bryan Singer's Superman reboot, although I accept I'm probably alone in this. And talking of Superman, I've always had a soft spot for Smallville.

And talking of Singer, isn't he rumoured to be directing a BSG movie. Which is also a pretty good franchise if you include Caprica and the camp but fun first series.

The Spiderman movies were pretty good, even the much maligned third one. And I'm looking forward to the next version, although that won't be directed by Raimi or star McGuire.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 1 2010, 9:17 AM BST

The first one was okay, though Orlando Bloom is, as usual, cack; I had to turn off the DVD half way through the second one it was so dull.

I dread to think what the 4th one will be like. Probably about 8 hours long.