British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 585

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 9:28 AM BST

Great series, and second best use of a Baldwin outside of 30 Rock.

Is he a nephew or something? yeah great series and when tis over I shall watch the film again, Blue ray or HD hopefully if I can track it down.

just confused.

I wasn't confused; but then I'm very, very clever.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 9:31 AM BST

I wasn't confused; but then I'm very, very clever.

Rolling eyes I wasn't confused, just amazed that coherence and logic could be thrown out of the window.

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 9:35 AM BST

Rolling eyes I wasn't confused, just amazed that coherence and logic could be thrown out of the window.

I'll take your Rolling eyes and give you an extra Rolling eyes back. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but I can't say I found it incoherent or illogical; it all made sense in the context of what we were seeing.

Quote: Marc P @ June 30 2010, 9:30 AM BST

Is he a nephew or something? yeah great series and when tis over I shall watch the film again, Blue ray or HD hopefully if I can track it down.

I thought he was his brother? There's about 9.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 9:37 AM BST

I'll take your Rolling eyes and give you an extra Rolling eyes back. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but I can't say I found it incoherent or illogical; it all made sense in the context of what we were seeing.

Not that there weren't head scratching bits, such as the Pandorica suddenly being able to fly. Unless I missed previous mention of this, or an explanation.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 9:41 AM BST

Not that there weren't head scratching bits, such as the Pandorica suddenly being able to fly. Unless I missed previous mention of this, or an explanation.

To be fair, at no point was it mentioned that it couldn't fly.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 30 2010, 9:52 AM BST

To be fair, at no point was it mentioned that it couldn't fly.

True, but if it's going to suddenly fly, at least have some throw away image or line in episode one.

I wonder if there's any relevance in Moffat giving his female characters water related names? ie. Amy Pond and River Song?

Or has somebody already mentioned that, like, a billion times?

If you are going to produce a gun in act three we need to see it in act one - Chekov or someone like that.

I don't have a problem with it flying, it had to get there by some method, and flying it in is pretty acceptable.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 9:58 AM BST

True, but if it's going to suddenly fly, at least have some throw away image or line in episode one.

Quote: Marc P @ June 30 2010, 10:01 AM BST

If you are going to produce a gun in act three we need to see it in act one - Chekov or someone like that.

Granted, but they don't seem to work like that on Who, do they? Certainly not since RTD. They always seem to have many Hand of God moments. They shouldn't, but they do.

Great series, and second best use of a Baldwin outside of 30 Rock.

I didn't think the series finale was particularly adult, just confused.

It certainly wasn't easy for kids to understand.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 30 2010, 10:03 AM BST

Granted, but they don't seem to work like that on Who, do they? Certainly not since RTD. They always seem to have many Hand of God moments. They shouldn't, but they do.

Deus Ex Machina yes... poor form lol.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 30 2010, 10:03 AM BST

Granted, but they don't seem to work like that on Who, do they? Certainly not since RTD.

RTD actually addressed that in his book, that to many it must look like he didn't now what he was doing, but that he didn't care! :D