British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 582

Quote: Ben @ June 26 2010, 10:27 PM BST

Let me know if it looks likely to happen. I'll come to your funeral and comfort the female members of your family.

All the female members of my family are dead, but I could introduce you to their cadavers for a fee! Time is pressing for some of them though, so don't dally.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 27 2010, 10:15 AM BST

Okay, I had to go and see to the dinner half way through, but did anyone explain why Amy had grown in up England from at least the age of 7 and still have a Scottish accent?

Hey there Dolly Dagger! How goes it? :)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ June 27 2010, 10:21 AM BST

Hey there Dolly Dagger! How goes it? :)

Hi Wave I'm very busy these days, but enjoying it. How are you?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 27 2010, 10:33 AM BST

Hi Wave I'm very busy these days, but enjoying it. How are you?

Likewise. I am chasing all the time! But hey, plenty of time to rest in the coffin! Laughing out loud

Loved it. Is it wrong that I want a fez now?

A little series round up from me:

Matt Smith is amazing, I just think he's the best Doctor we've had since the show came back, superb.

Amy, I personally have really liked, a great relationship between her and Smith.

This series, overall, has not lived up to my expectations beforehand, even though I think it's been very good overall. Probably absurd expectations due to Moffat taking over, though every episode he's written himself has been to his usual high standard.

Scores:
THE ELEVENTH HOUR: Just amazingly good,the best opening episode for a new Doctor ever, for me. Smith IS the Doctor from the moment he appears. 9/10.

THE BEAST BELOW: A lot didn't seem to really make sense in retrospect, but it felt good, and it was full of great moments. 7/10

VICTORY OF THE DALEKS: It felt more like a reintroduction to the Daleks, as opposed to a full story in its own right, but I think it was a good episode, I don't get the amount of hate tossed it's way. 7/10

TIME OF ANGELS/FLESH AND STONE: Just loved it, Moffat at his absolute best. 9/10

THE VAMPIRES OF VENICE: It looked great, it was full of very funny bits, but a shrug of a story, a terrible ending(flicking a switch) and I don't understand why they thought the fish things were a better idea then just going for a proper, full blooded vampire story. I enjoyed it because it was funny, but it wasn't a great story. 6/10

AMY'S CHOICE: I really liked this one, the Dream Lord was a great creation. 7/10

THE HUNGRY EARTH/COLD BLOOD: The second part was much better than the first, but it felt a bit hum-drum, apart from that superb ending when the crack appeared. The decision to remove the Silurians third eye, which can kill people, melt stone, etc, was a big mistake, robbing a classic baddie of its main gimmick. 5/10

VINCENT AND THE DOCTOR: To my great surprise, I loved this one, just beautiful. 8/10

THE LODGER:Another episode that surprised me by being a little cracker. 8/10

THE PANDORICA OPENS/THE BIG BANG: The first part was superb, no doubt in my mind, the second part threw me a little, it confounded my expectations and I need to give it another look. For now, this two part finale gets 8/10.

Scores:
THE ELEVENTH HOUR - 8/10.

THE BEAST BELOW - 5/10

VICTORY OF THE DALEKS - 3/10

TIME OF ANGELS/FLESH AND STONE - 8/10

THE VAMPIRES OF VENICE - 2/10

AMY'S CHOICE - 6/10

THE HUNGRY EARTH/COLD BLOOD - 1/10

VINCENT AND THE DOCTOR- n/a

THE LODGER- 6/10

THE PANDORICA OPENS - 4/10

THE BIG BANG -9/10.

Scores for Doctor Who Thread opinions

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

:)

Hey no score for Sootyj!

Eventually Chip, you're going to have to come right out and just admit you want to kiss me.

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2010, 6:49 PM BST

Scores on guilty saturday evening fumbles now Dr Who's off the air.

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

Quote: sootyj @ June 27 2010, 6:52 PM BST

Hey no score for Sootyj!

I think of you as the Christmas Special! :)

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

:D Just missed out on a medal.

I'm not on that list.
Who is this zoo person?

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

6! No way I'm below Putters. The Jam loving bastard.

Don't Start! on me. :P