British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 578

Best episode of Doctor Who.

Twas most good.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 26 2010, 2:22 PM BST

If you don't like what I write about the show you could always debate it with me rather than ignoring my posts completely which is what almost everyone in this thread does at the moment. Since I usually make a bit of effort to explain my criticisms humourously and I've been a site member for long time it seems a bit rude really. This is a discussion board after all. Anyway you managed to get me to not comment at all on last week's episode, so job done.

Godot, I certainly don't want you to stop doing or saying anything, so I hope I didn't make it sound like that. I just don't come on this thread to defend myself, I come on to have an enjoyable discussion. And the way some people (not just you, others too) discuss things can sometimes be a bit too aggressive and adversarial (if that's the right word...) for my tastes, that's all. It stresses me out and makes me not want to come on the thread at all, so I just choose not to respond sometimes. I'm not ignoring your comments, I do read them - and often agree with bits.

Anyway to respond properly to your detailed 'why I disliked it' posts, I'd have to sit with a notebook and pen and makes notes throughout the episode to support my points! So you can see why it doesn't happen... :) I just don't like to watch stuff in the mindset of 'I'll have to defend this later.' I can't watch it, enjoy it, AND remember all the details afterwards as well, my brain isn't big enough.

Quote: zooo @ June 26 2010, 7:19 PM BST

Godot, I certainly don't want you to stop doing or saying anything, so I hope I didn't make it sound like that. I just don't come on this thread to defend myself, I come on to have an enjoyable discussion. And the way some people (not just you, others too) discuss things can sometimes be a bit too aggressive and adversarial (if that's the right word...) for my tastes, that's all. It stresses me out and makes me not want to come on the thread at all, so I just choose not to respond sometimes. I'm not ignoring your comments, I do read them - and often agree with bits.

To respond properly to your detailed 'why I disliked it' posts, I'd have to sit with a notebook and pen and makes notes throughout the episode to support my points! So you can see why it doesn't happen... :)

Shut up Meg.

;)

I'm sure that would be funny if I knew who Meg was... :)

Quote: zooo @ June 26 2010, 7:23 PM BST

I'm sure that would be funny if I knew who Meg was... :)

Whistling nnocently

Oh herrrrr.
Yes, that is me.

Quote: zooo @ June 26 2010, 7:26 PM BST

Oh herrrrr.
Yes, that is me.

LOL! This joke has gone down like a lead baloon I'm aborting it.

IGNORE ME!!!!

Ha! I don't watch it so I don't gettttt it, I'm sorry I ruined your joke. :D

I enjoyed the finale, but did we discover who's voice was on the intercom in the TARDIS (last episode)?

It still felt a bit Bill & Ted though.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 26 2010, 7:44 PM BST

I enjoyed the finale, but did we discover who's voice was on the intercom in the TARDIS (last episode)?

I don't think so, but that isn't the end of the story, the silence, and who brought the Tardis to that time for it to blow up is going to be explored next series. The Doctor mentions this at the end, then Moffat, in Confidential, just basically said that next series is about that and about finding out who River Song is. So it hasn't all been explained because it's going to be expanded upon next year.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 26 2010, 7:47 PM BST

It still felt a bit Bill & Ted though.

I always thought someone who may have watched Doctor Who wrote Bill and Ted, to be honest. A phone box that travels through time? Come on!

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 26 2010, 7:47 PM BST

We also didn't find out why Amy didn't know about the daleks in the first episode...did we?

Quote: Gagsy @ June 26 2010, 7:50 PM BST

We also didn't find out why Amy didn't know about the daleks in the first episode...did we?

I thought it was the same reason her parents had dissapeared and she'd forgotten them, the crack in her bedroom wall erasing things from her memory.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 26 2010, 7:50 PM BST

I thought it was the same reason her parents had dissapeared and she'd forgotten them, the crack in her bedroom wall erasing things from her memory.

Hmmm, that doesn't quite work for me... but I'll take your word for it! :S

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 26 2010, 7:50 PM BST

This.

pretty much sums up the Amy thing.