British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 576

Quote: Nogget @ June 25 2010, 10:49 AM BST

I think that more shows should adopt the approach of avoiding being rubbish. I wonder why they don't?

Because the creatives are sidelined often as not.

Quote: Marc P @ June 25 2010, 11:05 AM BST

Because the creatives are sidelined often as not.

Now he tells me!

:D

I believe Tony Garnet had something to say on the matter.

Quote: Marc P @ June 25 2010, 11:20 AM BST

:D

I believe Tony Garnet had something to say on the matter.

He once rejected a script of mine. Ah, halcyon days!

Just the one lol, I can beat that. Well it wasn't him but his right hand woman who did then go on and commision me at the BBC so I forgave him. :)

Quote: Marc P @ June 25 2010, 11:28 AM BST

Just the one lol, I can beat that. Well it wasn't him but his right hand woman who did then go on and commision me at the BBC so I forgave him. :)

Yeah, you won. So Shut It! Or I'll gi ye a shlapp!!!

(Actually, I don't think I would. That'd be rude.)

:)

Quote: Marc P @ June 25 2010, 9:52 AM BST

I think an all round reboot is in order - the universe seems altogether too small and knowable in this incarnation.

Indeed. All it takes is commissioning Terrance Dicks to write a few episodes and script-edit a series.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 25 2010, 11:47 AM BST

Indeed. All it takes is commissioning Terrance Dicks to write a few episodes and script-edit a series.

As good as he was in the seventies, I really don't think he should now write and script edit the new series!

What does Dicks even do these days?

EDIT:

Ah, writes kids books.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 25 2010, 12:00 PM BST

As good as he was in the seventies, I really don't think he should now write and script edit the new series!

Why not? Do you prefer writers who make the Doctor spout infantile crap such as "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" and convey so many emotions that he comes across as a phony?

Quote: Kenneth @ June 25 2010, 12:13 PM BST

Why not? Do you prefer writers who make the Doctor spout infantile crap such as "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" and convey so many emotions that he comes across as a phony?

Yes, I love infantile crap and phony emotions!

I'm not sure an 80 year old man is the answer. Yes, there are good writers that age - such as our very own Marc P - but I think it's safe to say when you hit your eighth decade your best days are behind you.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 25 2010, 12:30 PM BST

Yes, I love infantile crap and phony emotions!

In which case there's no shortage of TV to choose from, particularly just about any reality shows involving cooking.

I think New Who is better than Old Who in lot's of ways
& not as good in others.

Pretty much the same as Star Trek & the Next Generation.

I don't know if I prefer the old ones slightly because they've made them a bit lame these days or if its' just nostalgia.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ June 19 2010, 7:51 PM BST

*Sits and waits for people to tell me how I can possibly have enhoyed it and found it entertainment*

Quote: zooo @ June 19 2010, 7:53 PM BST

I know, but try not to let that inevitable shit storm stop you from joining in on the thread. I almost couldn't be bothered to say the bits I enjoyed, as I'll be told I'm a moron in a moment for enjoying it. But f**k that.
:)

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 19 2010, 10:53 PM BST

I know what you mean zooo, after all the comments on here, I was a bit embarressed that I'd enjoyed the VVG episode so much.

If you don't like what I write about the show you could always debate it with me rather than ignoring my posts completely which is what almost everyone in this thread does at the moment. Since I usually make a bit of effort to explain my criticisms humourously and I've been a site member for long time it seems a bit rude really. This is a discussion board after all. Anyway you managed to get me to not comment at all on last week's episode, so job done.

BTW Danny, there's an unread PM from me in your inbox apologising for saying you looked like an Ogron. It's been there for 14 days.